April 4, 2011

Day 4: My Parents

Where do I even begin? I betcha my mum is nervous wondering what on earth I'm going to write about her.. teehee

My parents are two of my favorite people on the face of this earth. They met young.. my mum was still a teenager. I came into their lives when they were still young. They defied the odds and raised me in a loving (although slightly psychotic) home and added my two brothers into the mix.

They don't take life overly seriously..not as in they are irresponsible parents.. we just always had/have fun. (besides those few short years where I was rotten to them). We laugh. A lot. My dad is hilarious. One thing I think of that always makes me laugh is one year when he decided to tell his entire side of the family (including my grandmother) that Trey and I were having a baby and had to have a quick courthouse wedding. My grandmother cried. He let it go on the entire day. It was an April's Fools joke that he forgot he made in the first place. I found out by getting an excited/shocked email from my cousin.
My mum has a heart made out of gold. She wants to fix the world's and everyone in its (I don't think that's grammatically correct and it's driving me crazy, but I just have to let it go and move on) problems. She's very much a mother hen. We all go to her for a shoulder to cry on or to have someone just listen to our problems, and as much as I appreciate it/her, I hate it at the same time. She will take your problem in and it will then be her own. She will feel your pain just as much as you do.

There is so much more to them, but we'd be here all day.

Both of them - transplanted northerners living in the south due to my dad's company.
Dad - sarcastic, smartass, funny-man, Redsox and Patriots watching, beer and Waffle House lover, nothing-is-too-hot-for-my-taste-buds man, who thinks Bose is the greatest speaker system in the entire universe.
Mum - kind, too kind, fabulous cooker, silly, wine and book lover, would live on her back deck if she could, will probably one day live on the beach, flip flop wearing, just sayin' sayer, who loves her family more than anything.

At my wedding :)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Aww I love your parents too! My mom and I were just talking about the time your dad told us you were pregnant and Gramma cried! I think Charlene was also trying to rearrange vacation plans or something so they could come to your wedding. He also was pretty funny when he stole the Patriots street sign at Kara's wedding...what did he end up doing with that?

JG said...

Awww, now I miss my parents!! :) Sounds like you've got some great role models.

Michelle A'etonu said...

what a cute couple! they sound really awesome :) makes me miss my parents!

Mary said...

Your parents sound awesome! Love it!