April 28, 2011

Day 15?: Faith

Ohh my gosh... who woulda thunk that it would take me so long to get through this? Ohh.. all of you? Because I never really follow through with anything I start? Grrrrr... I WILL finish this. I'm determined.

Anywhoo...

Favorite Bible verse. To be honest, I'm not as disciplined and studied as I'd like to be with the Bible, so I had to look a few up (because you know I can't just do one). There was one I was specifically looking for and haven't been able to find, but when I do find it, I'll let you know!

Psalm 91:14-16
"Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."

Romans 8:38-39
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angles nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

1 Peter 4:9-10
"Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."

I could go on and on and on really, but here is one more..

1 John 8-10
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives."

1 comment:

JG said...

JG wuz here.

But seriously, I love those verses, too. Pretty much anything in Romans or Ephesians ranks high with me. :)