April 3, 2011

~ 7 Months ~

Here we are again! * Almost a week late, but you keep me pretty busy these days! * These months just fly by and this one has been quite the busy one for you, Mister.


Let's see..

You're wearing size 4 diapers. Mostly wearing size 6-9 month clothes still, but can fit into some 9 month rompers. (I'm going to be reorganizing your clothes tomorrow.. again) I'm sure you need to be wearing 9 month pj's.. we just need to go out and buy you some! Maybe if any of your Grandparents are reading this they will send you some ;)

You eat really well, like always. Now you eat in your big boy highchair. We've got you on more of a structured schedule now though. You're eating three meals a day and an extra bottle before bedtime. You love your fruit and oatmeal in the morning! On top of all the normal fruits and veggies that you've been eating, we've added meats (shewww.. your body is taking a while to adjust to that!), strawberries, corn, granola, YoBaby yogurt... I think you've tried everything except mixed berries and starches. You love it all.

You finally figured out how to roll from back to tummy and let.me.tell.you... you are all over the place now! We knew you could do it... you just had to want to, I guess! For the most part, if you want something.. you can get to it. Unless you're too tired.. then you resort to you infant days and cry until we give it to you :)
Yesterday, you hiked yourself up on all fours and started rocking back and forth (which I guess technically belongs in your 8 month post...) so I don't think it'll be long before you start crawling! Lord help..

You're also sitting up really well. Still not comfortable leaving you sitting up unless you have pillows around you.. but you'll sit there for a very long time. You can reach out pretty far for a toy and still not fall over. You're even in the big bathtub now! You love that.. splash around in there likes it's your job. Mizzy taught you that.

You were left with childcare for the first time this month (again.. really 8 month post) so mommy could start going to a Bible study every week. It's just for a little over 2 hours, but it seemed like you really enjoyed yourself. You jumped right in, started playing, and couldn't have cared less when I was waving bye-bye to you. I'm glad that you seem to be so sociable. We are enrolling you in CYS (Child Youth Services)* tomorrow so I can bring you in for hourly care when I need to get other things done without you. It's not that I don't want you with me 24-7 (promise).. you have just gotten so curious and it's getting harder to do some things with you attached to my hip (doctor's appointments, OCSA (Officer, Civilian, Spouses Association) luncheons, etc). Plus, it's good to get you out there and learn that you can survive without me for a bit.

Speaking of which... this has been your month to be hit with Separation Anxiety. From birth until 6 months (for you), you didn't really know that we existed if we left your sight. Out of sight, out of mind if you will. That was cool. I could set you down with your toys and get stuff done (like potty). Not anymore. You see us leaving and you don't know if we'll be back in a minute or.. never... maybe we left you forever and ever you are thinking. Which is not even a remote possibility.. but you're little brain doesn't know that. So.. you scream. And scream and scream until we are right by your side again. I thought I had this under control.. but not so much.

We rode on a plane together by ourselves. You did pretty well. You loved talking and playing with everyone on the plane.

You still just have your two bottom teeth. I thought for sure you'd have the top two by now.. seems like you have been teething for a while, but to no avail. Hopefully I haven't been feeding you Tylenol for no reason..

You love to Skype now and probably think that your loved ones live in the computer screen. It may just be that you love to try to get to the keys on the computer, but regardless.. you're a lot more fun to Skype with. You jump up and down and laugh a lot.

You've been saying "da-da" quite a bit now. I taught you thought while your daddy was in the field for a week and you haven't stopped yet. I don't think you know what you are saying yet, but we like to think you do. You can start saying ma-ma any day now :)


We just love you to the moon and back. It's so much fun watching you become the little boy that you are and seeing that wonderful personality emerge. I looked back at some older pictures today (just from 4 months) and I can't believe how much you have changed in just a few months. We are very lucky to have you in our lives... I can't imagine life without you!

*Mum pointed out to me that I use the Army abbreviations too often and she never knows what I'm talking about. I'm going to attempt to be better about that :)

No comments: