April 29, 2011

Day 16: Dream House

Oh heyyy... the last post was my 400th post. 400th!! Never would I have thought :)

So, my dream house. I think about this all of the time. Trey and I talk about this all of the time. We have big plans.

We don't want to buy again until we are settled somewhere. Selling our house in SC was a nightmare and we don't see the need to put ourselves through that mess again when we know we'll be moving every few years. That being said... we have a while until we get to live in this dream house of ours.

I've never put all of our thoughts together to organize,so this will be good for me!

It has to be somewhere between in the middle of nowhere and in civilization. Trey would be happy if we didn't have neighbors for miles. I need to be pretty close to at least a grocery store and would like to live in general vicinity of people. I want our child(ren) to be able to ride their bike to a friends house. Sooo.. yeah..that's where we'll start.
A wrap around porch is a must. Two rocking chairs. Very comfy patio furniture in the back with a built-in grill and lots of shade in the backyard. My mom will plant me a beautiful garden.
I'd like 5 bedrooms. A luxurious master suite with the perfect bathroom.. must include garden tub. I've still yet to have one of those. I'd like a bay window where I could have a little reading nook. A bedroom for each kid. A playroom. And a guest room.
The kitchen will be very big and open. I would like an island with that thing that will hold your pots and pans above it.
Trey wants a fireplace in the living room, it needs to be open (so you can walk around it). I'm not sure which room will be on the other side of it. Dining room? Another sitting room? We'll see.

And that's all I have for now!

2 comments:

Michelle A'etonu said...

sounds exactly like my dream home---wrap around porch and rocking chairs are a def must!

JG said...

And air conditioning! Must have air conditioning! ;)