June 1, 2012

5 years

Tomorrow my husband and I celebrate 5 years of marriage! In October, it will be 10 years of togetherness, but tomorrow is the day we said I do, 5 years ago!

Here we are 5 years ago at the ripe age of 24 (and 25..him.. old fart):

And here we are now:


We've been through so much together and have come such a long way. Never, ever when I said, "I do", did I imagine that this would be our life. We bought a house together and sold it. He joined the Army and I drove 18 hours by myself to go live with him. We moved to Oklahoma and then to Texas. We learned how to live life on our own. Just the two of us. And we thrived. Our relationship became stronger than ever. That will happen when you only have each other to depend on. Then our love brought the most amazing little boy into this world:
He is the best thing that could have ever come into our lives. He made our family even brighter and happier.
After leaning on each other through our miscarriage, we realized we make each other stronger. I'm a better person with Trey by my side.
And what better time than our anniversary, while celebrating the love that we share, to announce that we are expecting again*! Do you like how I just threw that in there? Not what you were expecting to read, huh? We are thrilled and so very excited at the thought of growing our family even more so.

So tomorrow night, we'll be going out to dinner to celebrate us. To celebrate all of the ups we've shared together and the downs that have made us even stronger. Happy 5 years, babe! I love that man more than I have the words to express.

*I hope I didn't knock you out of your seat with that announcement. I realize I just did a whole woe is me post about not getting pregnant and how out of whack by body was. Turns out I am! No wonder my body was crazy. Also, I may be crazy for letting the whole world know this early ( I actually have no clue how far along I am), but I would be out and open with it if anything does happen. We need all of the prayers we can get for a healthy pregnancy, so if you think of it, please pray for us! I have a good feeling about this, so we're celebrating and acting as if there is no threat... all while taking it as easy as possible of course. Plus, I had to find a way to tell people before my sweet mother told the world for me :)

16 comments:

Kristy said...

Congrats on five years! Congrats on raising a sweet little boy! And UBER-CONGRATS on the baby news! We are over-the-moon excited for you!!!

hmb said...

YES!!!! Congratulations!! On both things :)

The Mrs. in Stilettos said...

Yay HUGE CONGRATS!!!! Anniversary, a perfect little man, and a baby on the way!!!

Auntie Sharon said...

OMG! Way to just throw that announcement in so casually!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sending you all my prayers for a happy, healthy pregnancy. And, Happy Anniversary!!! Uncle Mike and I will be celebrating 38 years next week!

Jamie said...

Yay! Congrats. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

Kristine said...

Yay Jess!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys and miss you both so much! Reading your blog makes me look forward to all the bonds Justin and i will form on our journey as husband and wife. The big 1 year is in 3 months! :) Like its comparable to 5. Good luck with your pregnancy! I cant wait to see you both in November <3

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary and CONGRATS GIRLIE!!! So happy for your newest addition:)

Amber said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYs all around! Congrats!

Mel said...

Oh my God! I'm so so so happy for the two of you, for both reasons! Xoxox

ann_yetton said...

1st. I only told Auntie Kathy. She needed good news. 2nd. Chuckles was an accident. 3. Yes I told Mike and Boodie at work. What can I say when there is such good news!

____j said...

Wow! Congratulations & Happy Anniversary! I will be keeping you and your pregnancy in my thoughts & prayers!

Jenn said...

Happy anniversary!!

Drew is THE CUTEST THING EVER!!

Im so happy for your pregnancy news!!!!

(This day is just full of exclamations huh?) !!!

JG said...

Yay, happy anniversary! And super-super congratulations! :)

Heather Fox said...

happy Anniverary!

I also was hoping that the "woe is me" post would lead to baby news fast. The same thing happened to me. Ha congrats!

Karren said...

Hope y'all have a wonderful anniversary! & congrats!!! I know I haven't commented but I've still been reading and keeping y'all in my prayers. So excited you are expecting again!!

Steph said...

YAY! Congrats! I had a feeling that's what was going on. That's what happened to me, too. I thought I was all out of whack but turns out I was pregnant.

Congrats again! You deserve it!