June 14, 2009

Ouch Charlie!

If you've never seen the Ouch Charlie video on YouTube *shame on you* you must click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM
I still cannot get videos to post on here so I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but your life really isn't complete unless you've seen this.

Now that that's out of the way ~
I woke up this morning to a pretty painful eyelid. Actually, painful is not really the right word for it. More like aggravating. Like makes me want to punch a hole through the wall type of aggravating. I'm very aware of my eye being there. It's pretty swollen (just the lid, by my eyelashes) and red. The inside isn't red though and it's not itchy so I don't believe it's pink eye. A stye maybe? I don't know.. I don't think I've ever even so much as conjunctivitis! We'll see.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE a clean house. Not to toot my own horn... hell, why not.... I did a damn good job. It was so necessary though. Embarrassingly necessary.
CONFESSION: * ohhhh i cannot believe I'm going to admit this to y'all * Ready? That maayyyy have been the first time I mopped my kitchen/dining room/entry way floors since I've moved in. Last February. As in Feb 2008. It's okay.. say what you will... I'm laughing at myself out loud right now. Mum was pretty grossed out when I told her this and she realized she's recently walked on those same floors with bare feet.
Anywho... house looks great now. I haven't started boxing up anything per say, but I did take a lot of junk that I probably won't EVER need or use, never mind need or use in the next 2 (or 4.. depending on how things go) months, and put it all in one room, separated into different piles. Now I just need boxes.
*side note* we'll find out where it is we'll be moving not this coming up Friday but the Friday after for his BOLC III. That'll last for about 5 1/2 months, so heck yes, I'm packing up and going with him.

My only other plan for today: I'm going to buy an American Flag to hang out on our porch. Then I'm going to hang it. And do one more load of laundry. And nurse my inflamed eye. The End.

Blog maintenance:
Can anyone see anything on the right side?? Ya know.. like the "About me" and pictures? Or anything? I can't see it and I'm not sure where it went.
Also, I've been racking my brain for a new name for my little blog. I'm leaning towards "Learning As We Go". Referring of course to being new with this whole Military life and (me more so than hubs) being clueless about it, but excited about what's to come. Any thoughts??

5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yeah I can see the stuff on the side. Like reading now etc.

One Day at a Time said...

i can see it! and im not grossed out by you not mopping since last feb. if i didnt have the dog leaving fur all over, i probably wouldnt either! its hard to remember to do it when you cant see the dirt!!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Mopping is overrated anyway. If I didn't pay someone to do it, it wouldn't get done at my house either!

Unknown said...

Ya know I've been thinking about a name for your blog and I'm just drawing blanks here! I was never good at this:p I cannot see your pictures or the about you section. Thats so weird! But exciting that you'll be finding out where your going in two weeks! Back to the name thing:p I like "learning As We Go" It has a good ring to it and definitely fits!

TJ said...

I actually love Southern Yankee because it is unique :) I like LEarning as we go too though.

lol the floors mopping is never fun.