June 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!

2 years ago today I made the best decision I ever made in my life. I remember walking down that aisle like it was yesterday and saying "I do" to my favorite person in the entire world.

Not many people meet the person they are going to spend the rest of their lives with at 19. I thank God every day that I did. You'd never know it by my posts or listening to me talk "in real life", but I do have a lot of trouble putting my thoughts into words. Especially when it comes to the serious or not so light hearted stuff. *Just this so far has taken me about 20 minutes to write* I could take the easy road and just end this here and let the pictures talk for themselves, but if he ever does decide one day to start reading this, I know it would make his day.

I feel like I'm the luckiest person alive to be his wife.
Sometimes I catch him looking at me, and it overwhelms me to see the amount of love he has for me. He would walk to the ends of the earth for me.
I love how much we laugh together.
I love that I can tell him anything that is on my mind and he'll listen to me.
I love the way he makes me feel with just one simple touch.
I'm so so so proud of him for so many reasons. The biggest reason being what he is doing with his life right now. He's not only doing this because he wanted to do something meaningful, but he also knew it was a way to provide for me and our future family. That says so much to me.
I love that I love him more today than I did on our wedding day. I hope that trend continues for the rest of our lives.

I feel like this does NOTHING to express the way I feel right now. But it's all I can come up with. I miss him more than ever today, but I know we'll see each other soon. And I know he's thinking about me too and wishing he was with me... so says the bouquet of flowers he had delivered to me at work today :)

I leave you with a few of my favorite pictures from our wedding day. I'm off to celebrate with a couple glasses of wine and my DVR.. the three of us are going to have a great night together!

My mom fixing my vailMe and my dad right before we're about to walk down... look at that face! Not sure if it's fear or excitement! First Kiss of many many more!


Off to Cancun!!! *yes, that's my grandmother hooked up to her oxygen tank with a sparkler in her hand.. not sure who let her do that, but I'm glad we all lived*

8 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Very sweet pics :) Thanks for sharing!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Awww, this was such a cute post! I loved all your pictures and the last one with the caption made me laugh so hard!!!! Congrats!

KLC said...

Beautiful post, and love seeingca glimpse onto your wedding day!

lola said...

Such a sweet, sweet post. I love the pictures -- you looked gorgeous!

The oxygen + sparklers cracks me up.

Jon and Steph said...

What a sweet post! I have goosebumps right now, I'd say you did a wonderful job putting your feelings into words!

Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

How sweet!! Loved the pictures and LOVED the way you described your feelings for him. You're both obviously very lucky to have each other. Happy anniverary!!

ann_yetton said...

Grammy was out of oxygen and her lips were turning blue so it was ok for her to have a sparkler!

Unknown said...

AWE! Sorry I missed this yesterday ON your anni:( But happy belated! You made a beautiful bride and I love love love the third to last picture of you and your hubby:)