June 5, 2011

Random thoughts

Most importantly, I'm really late in giving the final update on my dad. Let's just say.. he took the really scary and expensive route of getting a check-up. They did the catheter and found no damage or blockage. After that.. they didn't really know what to do with him and released him. He went to his long time, trusted family doctor on Tuesday and was told that the first diagnosis (before all of this heart crap) was correct. Vertigo. While we are EXTREMELY thankful that his heart is in tiptop shape, that was a little much!

I just saw that someone was led to my blog by searching for "13 weeks pregnant fat belly at bottom". Really? Awesome. Way to remind me that my belly is stretched beyond recognition and jiggles like a bowl full of jelly. I hope you found what you were looking for.

My husband and I celebrated our 4th anniversary this week :)
He spoiled me like never before. Thanks to him I will be enjoying a 4.5 hour day at the spa next week and sporting a new Welker jersey come football season. He also took a week of leave from work. We also dropped Drew off with a trusted couple we are great friends with here last night and had an adult dinner that did not include a highchair, baby food, picking toys up off the floor or diaper changes. The weather was gorgeous and we were able to drive with the windows down. Went to Starbucks then enjoyed a movie. At the movie theater. I can't tell you the last time I've been to a movie theater. It was an amazing night spent with my best friend. While we both did talk about that sweet boy of ours from time to time and it was wonderful to have a night just to ourselves (first one in 9 months that didn't have anything to do with work), we wouldn't trade him in for the world. One night was nice. We like having him around too much to do more than that :)

Remember to come back Monday morning for our Weight Watchers post. The topic this week will be, what motivates you? It can be anything and I can wait to hear from everybody!

4 comments:

One Day at a Time said...

I love how you said it was an amazing night spent with your best friend :)

and....4.5 hours at the spa?!? JEALOUS! have fun!

Jessica said...

It sounds like a perfect night. I hope you had a blast. I'm really jealous of your spa day!!

Mel said...

So glad to hear that your dad is doing better and I'm sorry you had to worry along the way.

Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

JG said...

Happy Anniversary!! :) I'm so glad your dad is better and that it wasn't something more serious. Vertigo runs in my family but I've never heard of an episode that severe. Wow.

And don't worry about the blog search thing. For several weeks I was getting hits from...well, the search phrase had to do with adult videos, let's just put it that way. I could NOT figure out the connection!