October 28, 2009

Blah...

I'm not feeling so hot today. I got the flu vaccine shot up my nose yesterday.. and lo and behold... what do I feel like I have today? It's not horrible. My body's a tad achey and I feel flat out lethargic. Trey told me a couple times this would probably happen so it's possible that this is all in my head... or maybe he was just right for once ;)

So anyway - I'm going to try my best to be a lazy bum today and get some rest. I always feel way too guilty to allow myself to do that, but I'm under strict orders.

I was at the hospital twice yesterday. First outing was for my eye appointment and it's a good thing I thoroughly enjoy laughing at myself. I may or may not have asked more than one person where the "Optomology" department was and finally got an answer after the 2nd person finally told me she wasn't sure, but am I sure I wasn't looking for the Optometry dept? Umm yes thanks. Is Optomology even a word?
Appointment goes great. I take the elevator down to the first floor, go out the rotating door, and can't find my car ANYWHERE. After walking around the parking lot for a solid 5 minutes, I realize I must not have come out the same place I came in. Go back in the hospital and even though I was on the right floor, I couldn't find the right exit anywhere... swear it disappeared Harry Potter style. So I walked around like a straight up loon for another good 10 minutes before I finally found my parking lot. 10,000 parking lots... who knew!

Dear Santa, please bring me keyless entry for my car this year so I can always find it in the crazy parking lots. They Hundai likes to play hide-and-go seek.

P.S.
After using spell check, I'm pretty positive that Optomology does NOT exist... in case you were wondering :)

6 comments:

J.L.S. said...

Don't worry, those are normal symptoms. The Flumist uses a live virus in the vaccine which stimulates your body to make antibodies... so you pretty much get a very minor infection so your body can protect you from the full blown flu. You should feel better soon!

Red and White Preppy said...

Those are definitely normal symptoms like JLS said. I've gotten the flu shot for years, and I've always just learned that I have to power through it in order to feel better. Good luck!

Hope you get keyless entry...you'll love it!

Carrie said...

It's okay, I once said "photogenic memory" instead of "photographic." Try figuring out what that one means. Lol.

Steph said...

Hope you getting to feeling better soon. I would just try to enjoy some time on the couch.

jlc said...

Oh no hope you feel better soon girl!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hmmm I thought that word existed as well. Sorry to hear your not feeling great.