September 28, 2008

Back to Reality

Such a great weekend!

The beach was perfect.. just what we needed! The weather was amazing and it was so nice to just be able to relax. We got there a kind of late Friday night..just hung out. I may have consumed a little too much Reisling.. shocker.
Saturday we walked the beach, visited with J's grandmother in Litchfield *so so sweet* and took her to lunch at this little Mexican restaurant.. another shocker. It wasn't like a San Jose's though. I don't remember what the name was, but they had much fresher food.. very yum! After we got back to the condo, I took a beach chair and my book (which I am loving and almost obsessing over by the way) and sat on the beach with my feet in the water for about 2 hours. That possibly could have been the best part of my weekend. After a much needed nap *was still at this point feeling the after effects of the wine* we went out to watch the Bama/Georgia game. Which coinsidently had the Carolina game on as well! Tough keeping up with two games! Alabama beat Georgia (!!!!) which should put us up to #4 in the country!!

Dare I look forward to at least an SEC Title this year??? Maybe too soon, but it has crossed my mind.. Hub is radiating with excitment and pride :)

We got breakfast early this morning, cleaned up, and hit the road. It was sad to leave after such a short weekend, but I LOVED coming home to our little house! Is it strange that I miss it while I'm gone???

Reality hit me all at once with laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping :(
It will hit even harder tomorrow morning when I step on that scale... DON'T LOOK FOR ANY LOSS THIS WEEK!!! Maybe walking up and down the beach twice helped me out a little....

2 comments:

just ask beth said...

I love you and LOVE that you are happy!!

High on Hairspray said...

Twilight movie comes out 11-21. Tell Beth if you want to go and we'll all go together!
Glad you had a good weekend!!