May 7, 2012

Let's Catch Up, Shall We?

Life has finally slowed down a little bit and I can finally sit down with the ol' blog again. Or is it really just that a certain someone is in the field again and I don't feel bad sitting down at the computer in our spare hour after Andrew goes to bed. Either way... here we are.

Trey's been out in that darned field so much lately that when he is home, I haven't been sitting down at the computer much. I'm enjoying soaking up every minute we have together. Thankfully, it looks like that junk will slow down until July. I better soak it up because we then face our first extended separation. I'm freaked out about it and that's only for a month. How in God's creation am I going to do 9 months???

I was in a bit of a funk for the past few weeks and I can't for the life of me tell you why. It could have been a multitude of things piling on. For one, not getting enough sleep and not being happy with my body and diet. Also, and I don't think I went into too much detail about it on here, but I had been on Zoloft for a little over a year. It was working great for me and I felt like I could have stayed on it forever. It helped me to be such a pleasant person. Unfortunately, doctor's frown upon the use of Zoloft while trying to get pregnant. So I had to break the ties. It was an ugly parting. Scary at times. I didn't do it the right way at first and went through legitimate withdrawals. So I smartened up and listed to my doc. I've been doing good and can only notice a difference when it comes to my temper. I have a lot less patience. Anywho, I haven't been taking it for a few months now so I don't think that could be the cause of my funk. Either way, I'm feeling better. I'm accrediting it to getting more sleep, eating better and staying busier.

Speaking of busy...
We through a Derby part over at our house for our friend Ashley's birthday. It was such a great time. We bet on the horses and mine almost won. I don't know where the heck Amber's horse came from, but her's stole the show... and my money.
Pre-made cocktails


Drew gets jealous when I show affection to other men



That little boy pictured above has been a trip lately. More on him coming soon for his past due 20-month update.

I'm doing Weight Watchers again. I know, I know, I don't blame you for rolling your eyes. I wasn't even going to talk about it, because I always have these great big plans that I never, NEVER stick with. But there it is. I told you. Help me friends, help me. It's a bit easier this time because I have my smartphone and was able to download the app. All the info I could ever possibly need is right there in my phone. Wish me luck. I HAD to do something.

THANK YOU for any prayers you may have said for baby Abraham, who was born last week at 24.5 weeks gestation. I've been posting a few updates on my blog's FB page, but basically, he is a BIG BIG fighter. He had a surgery (I'm not sure for what) last week and came out of that well, he doesn't need to be under lights anymore as his bilirubin is already at normal levels, and they got to touch him for the first time on Saturday. WOW! Thank you God! I remember all too well what it's like to not be able to touch your new baby and those first touches.. can't compare much to that! I know continued prayers would be appreciated and I'll try to update y'all as much as possible!

Oh, what was that, you're all asking me? Your blog has a facebook page? Why yes it does. And you can come over and "like" it here.   I love having a blog fb page. I know the people who see my updates want to see them and I'm not clogging up others' news feeds. Why anyone would not want to get updates is beyond me, but whatevs. ; )
Also, I'm on Twitter. Maybe you want to follow me there too, yes? I've been loving following other bloggers there and the more personal interaction it allows. I can't for the life of me find the time to comment on all the blogs I want to.. but a quick tweet? Totally doable. Let me know if you're a tweeterer!

Well folks, that's the end of my shameless plugs. Enjoy the rest of your night.. or errrmm... good morning! (depending on what time zone you're in!)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

First of all, I think it's GREAT that you're doing WW. It's a really good way to stay accountable and track progress!

Secondly, I love being on twitter too! I feel like I know more of my blog friends so much better :) And if I was on fb I'd be likin your page for sure ;)

Have a good week!!

Expat Girl said...

Haha when my husband and I hug or kiss Madison starts crying and tells him to let go of me!