December 12, 2009

Today's gonna be a good day

Finally ~ a morning to sleep in! Even though I don't have a "job" per say, I never let myself sleep in any later than 7:30 during the week. Even that is late compared to my life back home when I worked every day, but I'm usually up between 7 and 7:15. That's after waking up initially with Trey's alarm clock at 5... Today we didn't get out of that bed until 8:45!! It felt SO good. I know he especially enjoyed not having to do PT at 6 in the morning. We got up and I made coffee, eggs, and turkey bacon. Ever since we've just been lounging around with all the Christmas lights on and I'm feeling pretty nostalgic. I have no plans to even shower for at least another hour.

We are participating in the Jingle Jog at 2:00. Okay okay... more like the Jingle Walk for us. It's a fundraiser for the food bank. I'm really excited for Trey to meet some of the people I "work" with every day. When that is over we'll come home and I'll start cooking for our Christmas party tonight! We are getting together with our little group of friends for a chinese gift exchange. I'm making a buffalo chicken dip and brownies. I'm going to be sure to bring my camera. I haven't taken many pictures since we've been out here and I'm wondering if everyone back home is doubting that we do actually have friends...

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! We don't really know what to do with ourselves with no football to watch! ~ one week from today, I will be home ~ !!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your off to a great weekend! Glad your having fun. Good for you participating in the Jingle Jog. Thats great!

Random Musings said...

i LOVE sleep ins!

And YAY for pictures.. I love me some pictures!

One Day at a Time said...

mmm so jealous im missing buffalo chicken dip!

and yes, I AM wondering if you really do have friends out there ;) j/k, but I would like to see what they look like! just out of curiosity.

i have been behind on your blog posts...

Tori Bella said...

Buffalo Chicken Dip? That sounds delish! What's the recipe?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Congrats on doing the jingle walk!!