May 22, 2009

A Little of This and a Little of That

It's officially Memorial Day weekend.. woohhooooo!!

Just taking it easy tonight. Doing a little laundry, packing, and catching up on the DVR. I have a week's worth of catching up to do. What am I packing for you ask?? No, not to go see hubs. I'm leaving in the morning for Charleston with a couple girls and I CANNOT WAIT. Will be back Monday morning with a few stories to share I'm sure and maybe some pics.

My day was going really good today ~ that is until I locked my keys in my car. Uh huh. On my lunch break. Went to get my eyebrows waxed. Threw my keys in my purse. Thought to myself "oh I don't need my purse, I'll just run in with my wallet". Put purse in the passenger seat, lock the doors, slam door shut and immediately say a bad four letter word. Grrrrr!
Luckily, a girl at work reminded me that I have USAA and I could call them and have them send someone out for free. But it did turn my hour lunch break into a 2 and 1/2 hour lunch break.. and not for any fun reasons!

Trey seems to be doing pretty well. We do get to talk a little bit each day so that's a relief. He has from 9-10 to shower, shave, and get ready for lights out so we find about 15 minutes to talk in the midst of all that.. which is better than nothing!! So far he's passing the things he needs to pass so we're off to a good start. For the most part his mood seems to be pretty positive :)

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Happy Memorial Day!!

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great time on your mini vacation! I'm glad you're getting to communicate with the hubs! OCS is a crazy time! So I'm glad he's finding the time to get ahold of you.

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time! I thought I saw your hubby the other day but I could be wrong. Not sure if he gets off base or not...Anywho! So glad your getting to talk to him; fifteen minutes if definitely better then nothing!