May 13, 2009

Bad Wifey??

Please don't get me wrong.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband. Love. We all know this.
I am so glad that he has more freedom (for the time being) and I know I'll miss what about to complain about.
But what do I hate?? Talking on the phone. I hate it. Especially after being on the phone all.day.long.
so is it so wrong of me to not be totally thrilled with the fact that he has nothing to do from 5-10 but talk on the phone with me? It makes my whole entire day to get a sporadic texts from him throughout the day and my heart patters extra fast when I get that first phone call after work. I LOVE being able to hear his voice.. but by call number 5.... I really don't have much to talk about at that point!
it would be different if he were here and we could just be. I can't stress enough how much I hate prolonged phone conversations. There's only so much you can talk about.
If I could talk through texting for the rest of my life ~ that would be ok with me.

Point of this little post:
I'm definitely NOT a phone person. But what are ya gonna do when that's the only way to communicate? Suck it up and vent through your blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HA HA! I totally snuck back onto your blog yesterday to see if you had been given the "key" to this strike through a word thing:p It took me like an hour to figure out but then I felt so stupid after i got it because its too easy! On another note, I know what you mean about several phone calls with the same person in the same day...I get really bored with that too, but love texts! Robert doesn't do this to me, thank the Lord above! My youngest sister has a boyfriend that does this and it irritates me to no end! And I'm not even the one dating him...Lol...I just wanna grab the phone and be like, "dude! you just talked to her like one minute ago! You surely do not have anything so earth shattering that you have to be calling five freakin times in five minutes!" Lol, Mouse would always laugh at how heated I got over this:p Now I live in Georgia and thats not a problem anymore, YAY! But boo, because I miss my sisters:(

Heather said...

I totally get the phone thing. There's only so much you can come up with to say when you talk to someone umpteen times a day. They pretty much have a play by play of your day, so when you get home, there's no, "So how was your day?" Because they already know every detail.

One Day at a Time said...

yeah, thats how Matt and I were when we were long distance. And its true, you do run out of stuff to talk about. Matt and I used to sit there in silence on the phone with each other, each doing our own thing until we had something to say. It was actually a comfortable silence, though.

You'll get used to it. Matt is not a phone person AT ALL, and he got used to it, because that was our only way to communicate!