September 19, 2012

Sesame Street

Today we were lucky enough to have the opportunity to go to a free Sesame Street show. The USO has put on this tour (the Sesame Street/USO Experience for Military Families) which is making 70 stops just this year. The two have done great things for us military families - "Since its debut in July 2008, the Sesame Street/USO Experience for Military Families has taken its message to more than 248,000 troops and military families and performed 433 shows on 131 military bases in 33 states and eleven countries." Pretty impressive! You can read a little more about it here. While we do make a ton of sacrifices, I feel like we get a lot in return too!

I wasn't sure how this was going to go. We've never taken him to any kind of show before and he's never really been into SS. But he LOVED it. The kid had a blast. Dancing, clapping and jumping up and down. Smiling from ear to ear. See..
Pure joy
So, while he didn't get the message, whatsoever, I'm glad we went. The actual point to the show was showing kids how moving a lot is a part of our life. And how it can be exciting.. an adventure. Teaches them ways to stay in touch with their old friends and pointers on how to make new ones. It was really great! If they come to your post, I would definitely go, no matter what age your child is. With that, I'll leave you with a few more pictures.




He wanted to go up and dance with the characters so badly. He cried on and off throughout the last half of the show because he couldn't touch them.. and here I thought he'd be scared or something...



8 comments:

Jen said...

He looks so happy!!! :) The show was here last week and I heard it was amazing.

Reccewife said...

Looks like so much fun!

Sarah said...

Not sure I've seen so much excitement! That's pretty awesome that you got to see it for free too.... can't wait to see stuff like that with Drew someday!

JG said...

ohmygoodness that face!! I love it!!

Michelle A'etonu said...

i LOVE that photo of him. so happy! we missed the sesame street show last year. will try to go this year for sure!

just ask beth said...

PURE BLISS!! No Pun intended!! You are having a GIRL!! My prediction!

Charlatan psychic said...

I really love that first pic of him. Just pure joy. You should print it and frame it.

____j said...

Aww man! I wanted to take my daughter to the one at our post, but unfortunately the tickets went so fast I didn't get a chance. Looks like your little one had fun!