March 1, 2012

A New Friend

Andrew has a new friend and he's made for some fun times around here for the past few days.

They've played together quite often lately. He comes around and Andrew's face just lights up. His eyes pop, his mouth forms the surprised O, and his friend distracts him from whatever he's doing at the moment.

Mostly they play chase. Andrew chases him around, but has yet to catch him. He has a fast friend. It doesn't seem to matter to him though. He just giggles and giggles.

They are the best of friends.

His new friend....

...

IS A FLY.


We were outside a lot on Monday. The back door has been known to mysteriously lock on me while I'm on the wrong end of it, so I keep it open often if we're in the backyard. Well, this fly made itself in and has been annoying the living daylights out of me ever since.

I've tried to teach Andrew the phrase, "shoo fly", but to no avail. They are BFF's.

I better kill it off soon before he gets too attached.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Bahahahahahaha. Oh man, that's hilariously amazing!

Reccewife said...

Ha! That's funny.
And plus I hate flies. So good on you to let him be happy. I am pretty sure I would have 'squashed' his dreams by now ;)

Jenn said...

LOL too funny!!! But yes, they are annoying as all get out and I can't stand to know that one is taking up residence in my house. Glad it's keeping someone entertained though. ;)

Charlatan psychic said...

Shall I bring Duke over? He gets amazingly acrobatic when it comes to fly catching, and is pretty good at it. Andrew would be enthralled.

Jen said...

haha! Too cute! :) I am sure it is adorable watching him be so excited about a fly.