July 5, 2011

~ 10 Months ~

I'm so late with this. So late. I blame the move again. How long can I get away with that?

Anywho.. my baby is now 10 months and 1 week ( I had to look that up on the calendar and not as late as I thought.. I take back that second so late).

Stats as of June 15th:
Weight - 21.5 pounds
Height - 29 inches
Head Circumference - Big. Just kidding (kind of) I actually have no clue.. sorry!
Diapers - Size 5
Clothes - 12 months in everything except shorts.. those are still 9 month because of his little waist.

Andrew has changed so much in this past month. Mostly really cool, fun changes!
He's finally crawling. Mostly low-crawling still, but he does crawl normally as well. Now he's started to crawl with one knee down and the other foot down that he pushes off of. Does that make sense?
He's walking while we hold his hands and does such a good job with that! Let me tell you though.. I'm ready for him to do it unassisted. It's not so easy on the back!
He's pulling himself up but mostly just to his knees. Unfortunately, that means we sometimes have fight to get him to sleep because he's trying to get out. We've found him asleep sitting up multiple times.. I know.. He's a little weird. I'm not sure where he gets that from.
Speaking of weird.. he does this thing where he sits down on the opposite side of the "coffee table" from us. He'll slowly pull himself up and even more slowly bring his head up so he can see us and then smile and growl. He thinks it's the greatest thing ever.
He is blabbering much more. He makes all kinds of noises (practicing talking) and it seems like he thinks he's having a conversation with you and he thinks you can understand everything he's saying perfectly. He'll babble on and then look at you and smile like he's saying, "ya know?? Isn't that great???".
He's not very content with pureed foods anymore. If I make more complex recipes he's good, but mostly, he wants finger food and to feed it to himself. Today for lunch he had a half of chicken breast cut up into tiny little pieces and a very little bit of an oatmeal, cinnamon, raisen mix.
He has 7 teeth now. Four on top and three on the bottom
He still is loving cars and trucks more than ever. We can now add a few things to the list though. Tanks. As in Army tanks. He sees them a lot now that we live on post (every morning on our walk) and spazzes a little bit every time we pass it. And airplanes. We were in the Costco parking lot last week when he noticed one for the first time. He pointed up to and squealed. We live about 3 minutes from the airport.. so we're pointing at airplanes quite a lot throughout the day now... It's great fun.
You stick your tongue out on command and I'm very entertained by it. I'm sure one day I'll regret this, but not for now.

The separation anxiety though?? That has really got to go! I'm going to be driven off the deep end..

Andrew,
How are you 2 months away from being a year old? I can't believe how big you've gotten! You are just changing every day right before our eyes and I want to beg and plead for time to slooowww down. You bring an indescribable amount of joy into our lives and I'm not sure I can picture life without you. You are the best decision we ever made! Every time you give me that goofy smile, look at me and laugh, "give me kisses" aka blow on my cheek, growl, and touch my face while I'm reading you Goodnight Moon.. my heart swells two sizes bigger.
I may be a little biased, but I'm pretty sure you are the cutest kid to ever be placed on this earth. I hear comments on your big, blue eyes just about every day.
I thank God for you every single day. I'm not sure what I did to deserve having you to call my own, but I won't question it.

We love you sweet boy!

4 comments:

Charlatan psychic said...

I love Goodnight Moon! What a great book. So glad you have that one.

Mel said...

You can use the moving excuse for at least a month. :o)

Jen said...

I can't believe he is 10 months already. Time sure does fly by!

Annie said...

Wow, he's already 10 months?! I remember when you posted that you were pregnant!