September 24, 2010

You know you're a mum when...

1. You bounce your laptop lightly in your lap.. true story. Happened last night.

2. You go to Target for a few necessities and realize once you get home that you left your bags at the register. Yup. Didn't pick a single one up. It's called sleep deprivation.

3. You've had a horrid morning and he will not let you put him down. You can't have breakfast or shower. He finally goes down right around lunch and you only last about a half hour before you want him in your arms again!


That's all I have for now, but I'm sure there's more to come.

Yay for the friggen weekend! Our guests have left for now. I had a great time with my in-laws. They spoiled us all mercilessly and wore me out. We did a lot and got out of the house lots, but it was a good thing. They got me out of my comfort zone with the babe and now I think nothing of toting him around town. Between pumps of course... I digress.


Things I'm ready for?
A weekend full of football. Hopefully we'll be able to watch the games we want to this time (Bama is playing Arkansas.. seriously? You have to show that one ESPN. And it would be lovely if I could watch a Pats game.. just sayin.. I'm having Welker withdrawals.)
I'd also like to fast forward to next weekend when The Storey's come and visit us. Yayyy.. more visitors! They are long time friends of ours and I can't tell you how excited we are to have them out here for the weekend! And we are just floored that they are coming all the way out here to see little ol' us.. who am I kidding.. I'm pretty sure it's to get their hands on this little monkey:

And thennnn... my brother comes out for a week on the 16th. We have some pretty amazing people in our lives and I'm a lucky girl!

8 comments:

Expat Girl said...

Haha I love the bouncing the laptop!! I find myself still rocking side to side when Baby Girl isnt even near me!

Charlatan psychic said...

I was over at a friend's house this morning. She has a 1.5 year old and a 2.5 year old. She usually doesn't get her shower until they go down for their afternoon naps!

You'll get used to it!

lola said...

Bouncing the laptop made me giggle. Also.. I hope they have the Bama-Arkansas game on.. it should be a very interesting matchup considering how well Arkansas has done this season!

lola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Day at a Time said...

Andrew is just an excuse! okay I can't wait to get my hands on the munchkin.
Really though, when I picture us coming, I picture spending time with you guys! Maybe it's because I haven't met Andrew yet, thus I can't visualize him in my daydreams. Who knows? All I know is I would ALSO really like the next 7 days to fly by!!
I'm glad the Nortons were able to get you out of your comfort zone so you can feel comfortable going out with him now!

Kristy said...

That picture of Drew is the cutest/funniest thing! I seriously laughed myself _____ well, I can't say in mixed company. But remember, I JUST had a baby, sooooo.... :)

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I do stuff like that with no baby. That's not a good sign!

What a cute little guy! Was he yawning?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that aren't showing the Bama games out there! That's just wrong...

Your little list made me giggle. And so did that precious picture! Glad y'all are doing well :)