July 2, 2010

Flashback Friday

Happy *almost* 4th of July!!

This time last year, Trey was right in the middle of OCS in Fort Benning, GA. I lived only 5 hours away and had so much fun visiting him about once a month. Of course I missed living with him and being separated took some adjusting, but it was almost like we were dating each other all over again. There is something to be said for that excitement of seeing each other after 4 weeks of being separated.
He got a little bit of a break for the 4th, so I headed on down there with no real plans other than to enjoy each others company. We decided we were going to head down to the Riverwalk to see the firework show. Luckily, we left early, because once we parked and started walking downtown our plans quickly changed. We saw the perfect restaurant that had a deck to sit on with fans misting light water on us. I cannot turn drinks and appetizers on a deck down.. especially with the cobblestone streets.... my idea of perfection. After a few hours spent enjoying ourselves we headed on down to the firework area and here we are... I promise I'm actually dressed!!

We both adored Ft. Benning and really hope to get back there!

1 comment:

One Day at a Time said...

I remember that :) I was so glad yall got to spend that time together!