June 9, 2010

Today, my heart is sad

Yesterday I was asking for advice, today I'm going to be asking for prayers if you're the praying type, lots of good juju if you are not.

Last night, my uncle (he is also my godfather) started seizing in the middle of his sleep. CPR was preformed on him before he got to the hospital and when he did arrive at the hospital, he was life-flighted to another one. The doctors don't really know what went wrong other than they believe it is something to do with his heart. He's now on all kinds of machines, they have him in a medically induced coma until tomorrow afternoon, and they will be preforming an echo tonight. They don't know what will happen tomorrow when they wake him up.

I JUST saw him while on my trip to Massachusetts. He was fine. His normal ornery self. I was just sitting on his lap while he loved on my belly. We JUST enjoyed a dinner of Papa Gino's pizza together. Now I'm sitting here all day, praying, glued to my phone for any kind of update.

For now, I'm staying positive. I'm thinking good thoughts and plan on giving him hell when he wakes up for scaring us all like this. We'll show him...

6 comments:

Michelle A'etonu said...

thinking of both you and your uncle, sweetie. hang in there!

LC said...

Praying for you and your family!

JG said...

Oh my goodness! Praying!

Erin said...

So sorry to hear that! Prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Sending you lots of love today (and always!) :)

Chelle said...

I am so sorry. He is in prayers along with everyone who's been touched by his amazing presence.