October 16, 2008

What? My grandfather is still alive?

According to my father he is!
After dropping hub off for his class last night, I trecked on over to my parents house since it is closer to Trey's school than our house is. After a glass of wine with mum, a long walk with Cayce and my youngest brother, and yummy dinner with the fam, we sit down in the living room.
While we were watching that Old Christine show, Cayce (our dog by they way, we think she's part lab and hound) wouldn't stop fussing. Dad couldn't hear the show *God forbid* so he sends Cayce over to her bed. After staring him down for about a minute, she instead comes to me for protection. But she lost that battle and within another minute she was on her bed, again staring my father down. That's when he blurts it out...
"I swear she's my father reincarnated"
We look at him and laugh. He's serious though. And he says it like it's the most logical thing to say in the world. It's the way she looks at him he says.
So.. low and behold.. we've been living with my grandfather for what.. 7 years? Feeding her/him dry dog food, giblets on Thanksgiving, and treats every night at 9 on the dot. She/He does get an occasional Cheez-It as well. And maybe a couple other treaties while I am there.. I'm just saying.

Please keep my family in your prayers as the Red Sox will most likely lose tonight and be out of the runnings. They will be in severe mourning.
Thanks and have a great weekend!
Update:
The sox pulled it out... can't believe it! Now I don't have to deal with a depressed Yetton family over the weekend.

7 comments:

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

We always joked that when our German Sheppard died he started channeling our cat. When he died she started begging for food at the table and all kinds of weird things that he used to do.

KLC said...

I can't believe the Sox made such a comeback!!!! I thought for sure I'd be putting my Ortiz jersey away until next season but it looks like I can wear it tomorrow night! GO SOX!

LyndsAU said...

Yay for the Sox! That's awesome!
I loooove dogs and yours sounds like such a sweet one :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

some of my students went berzerk in class today over the red sox win! congratulations!

Mojito Maven said...

I tagged you :)

KLC said...

GO SOX!!! I tagged you, check out my blog to see what you have to do now :)

Anonymous said...

I posted my recipe for turkey meatloaf - just for you ;) Glad the Sox won and your family didnt need to mourn any losses this weekend!