October 11, 2008

Wanna be my friend?

There is this family that lives down the street from us. But not on our street.. they are outside of our "neighborhood" on the main street. I've been noticing them since our realtor drove us to look at our house and have been dying to be their friends ever since. In fact, they are so important to me, that when I saw their house, I thought to myself that this was an omen telling us we need to move in.

They have had a Patriots flag flying proudly from their house since February. They fly it all year long!! I love that. I need some support. New England fans are hard to come by around here. (They have also had a little Redsox flag by their mailbox... and a Carolina flag) We're a match made in heaven.

So for the past couple of months, I'll admit it, I've been somewhat stalking them. I drive slowly by their house. We take walks by their house while I'm secretly hoping they'll be outside.. so I can what?? Attack? I haven't thought out exactly what I'll say.

"Hi, I've been planning this get together for the past couple of months, do you want to be my friend?"

Maybe I'll just throw out a big hefty Go Pats and see where we go from there.

4 comments:

KLC said...

You should stop by one Sunday afternoon, wearing Patriots gear and say hello! Instant friends :)

just ask beth said...

seriously, I am beginning to wonder> Have you lost your MOJO? You are NOT shy, be the brazen YANKEE you are and go introduce yourself, and become instant friends because since they like the PATS I bet they could use a friend!! GO EAGLES!!

Lexy said...

Ugh - I wish we had people on our street we wanted to be instant friends with! Since we moved here I've noticed that we seem to be the wrong age for our neighborhood! Go ring the doorbell and introduce yourself - and maybe bring a cake decorated in Pats colors on game day....

Julie Q said...

just bring them over some Sam Adams beer and ask if they want to watch the patriots game tonite! :)