April 29, 2009
- I still have no puppy. I haven't tried looking too hard yet. I will at some point. I'm way too indecisive for my own good. I think I'm back to no pet for now. I do really want the pup. But I have to admit.. I kinda just want it to fall in my lap.
- Weekend with Kate was perfect. I could really get used to us living in the same town. Let's just send a little shot out to God asking him to let me stay in Columbia for just a little longer!
- I woke up at a truly un-godly hour Monday morning to take her to the airport. I somehow made it through the day and even put in gym work after work-work. AND went to the grocery store. Mmmhmmm.
- But it was awfully sad to come home to a house without her.
- My TV works again!!! And that is such a cause for celebration for me.. trust me! Back to DVR'ing away as usual. So far I've gotten caught up on Desperate Housewives, Army Wives, The Hills, and Gossip Girl. Got some 90210, SVU, and Lie to Me to go.
- I officially have 7 more days until I see the hubster. I'm finally letting myself be extremely excited over this. I went through every single emotion. From feeling like it would never get here, to being initially excited, to dreading it because I know it's just another "see ya later", to being scared for multiple reasons ( what if it's wierd, what if I'm not the same person, what if he's not, what if I see him and I'm just like.. Oh hi.. and then it's like a normal old day, to now putting all those thoughts behind me and just letting myself being stoked and believing that we'll be the same as we've always been) Basically.. I can't wait. One week from tomorrow :) Pray for good weather.
- I think i'm ready to push past the one mile mark on my running. Yes, I know I'm a wuss and I should have passed this already. Today I could have gone further but I'm running into a blister problem. I'm getting them on the insides of my feet. Right in the middle, on the side, in the arch of my feet. Thicker socks? Bandaids? Get used to it?
- I'm very excited for a date Saturday with my SIL. Pedi's in the morning. Crawfish Festival all day after that. Do I like crawfish? Um no. Do I like a day outside around lots of people, bands, good weather, and drinks? Absolutely.
- My brother left yesterday for AF Basic. In Texas. I said bye to him on Sunday and cried even though I didn't think I would. I got pretty emotional sending my little brother on his way like that. I know this will be great for him, I'm proud of him, but I did stay true to my basketcase, emotional self.
- My house smelled like something died in it on Saturday. After spending a lot of time narrowing it down (taking out trash, running the garbage disposal, literally looking for dead animals in the vents) I realized it was the load of towels that I washed on TUESDAY and somehow forgot to put in the dryer. They were so moldy they made my house smell like a rotten morgue. I never claimed to be Mrs. Domestic Diva. Don't judge.
April 22, 2009
Good thing I never did settle on a little kitty to take home. I changed my mind this week when a lady I work with came in with The.Most.Adorable puppy I have Ever.Seen.In.My.Life.
Her name is Lucy. She's a maltipoo . And I love her. I HAVE to have one. I'm having above mentioned co-worker look around for me. Probably won't happen in the next week. But it WILL happen.
April 19, 2009
8 things I look forward to:
- Let's start with the most obvious... 17 more days and a wake-up before I get to see that amazing husband of mine!! Family Day on May 7, and graduation on the 8th! Yes, I understand that I won't even get to spend a full 24 hours with him total before he moves on to OCS, but I'll take what I can get and soak up every second!
- Getting back into the gym tomorrow and pushing myself a little further.
- Tuesday night dinner that I'm making for our good friends, C & J. They have been so good to me while Trey has been gone. C coming over unasked and unexpectedly to mow and trim the yard. And J being there through ALL of my many many ups and downs and listening like a saint through every single episode and through all the tears. So point being.. I love them and I'm making them baked ziti Tuesday night.
- Some night this week getting in a new tv converter box (i think that's what they're called) because the hard drive blew on mine and will not record any new shows or let me watch anything that was recorded. Gasp! Those that know me best know the extreme mess this little episode has turned my life into.
- Weighing in for The Biggest Loser Thursday morning. Because somehow or another I lost another 3 lbs this week. Holla. I'm now comfortable enough to share my weight publicly with you girls. Ready? When hubs left for basic I was weighing in at a full 150lbs. Please keep in mind that I'm a tiny boned, 5'barely 3" girl, so this for me was not pretty. I'm proud to say that as of last Thursday morning I weighed in at 139.4. Again.. holla.
- Picking up my cousin, Kate, from the airport Friday night after work. She's spending the weekend with me and I'm very excited to have her energy with me.
- Getting together with my fam this coming up weekend for some qt with my brother and some of his closest friends since that'll be his last weekend in town before he leaves for Texas for his Basic Training. Again.. I would have never guessed a year ago that my life would be so involved in the military. Please tell me how this happened again??
- Sporadic visits to Georgia while hubs is at OCS.
- Leaving winter behind and bringing out that summer sun full force. Yes, I know I live in the deep south and we've had weather in the mid to high 70's for some time now. But I'm really ready for that to be an all day thing. It's still pretty chilly at night yall! (ha)
- Finding out where we're be moved (if at all) for hubs 6-month training after OCS (please forgive me.. I'm not quite down with the terms yet)
Hahahaha.. I really just now noticed that I've exceeded my 8 things. But I refuse to erase, I have a lot to look forward to. I could keep going, but I'll save that for a rainy day.
8 things I did yesterday:
- And in doing so missed the Bark in the Park walk I was supposed to do. It was a charity walk for a no-kill animal shelter we have around here called Project Pet. I already donated my money though so I don't feel too too badly. I really needed that sleep.
- Did some much needed cleaning. You would think no one actually lives in my house and someone just comes in it sporadically just to mess it up and leave.
- Called Dish to figure out what was wrong with said receiver, only for them to tell me I need a new one. They will be mailing it to me and I'll have to figure out how to connect it all on my own. Ha!
- Picked up Trey's truck.
- Watched The Office and Southland on Hulu. That non-working DVR is killing me.
- Napped. I really really needed sleep.
- Went out on the town with some friends. It may have involved shots. And the night may have ended with us eating left over fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls at 2 in the morning. Whatev.. we had fun.
8 things I wish I could do:
- Make my laundry magically do itself with no folding or ironing from me involved.
- Have the groceries buy themselves as well while we're at it.
- Run more than a mile without dying. How am I supposed to build up from there? It's not happening at the rate I feel it should.
- Travel more. Although I suspect I'll be doing much more of that.
- Keep my house cleaner without much more effort.
- Find the time to read more.
- Think of something really creative to do for Trey on that one day we get to spend together coming up.
- Turn off my brain from constantly over-thinking.
8 shows I watch: (this may be hard to limit)
- Army Wives
- Desperate Housewives
- Law & Order: SVU
- Friday Night Lights
- The Hills
- Gossip Girls
- Family Guy
Trust me there are many more.. but I'll stop there. Please don't judge on #'s 5-7.
I'm going to skip the tagging process.. sorry! Feel free to do it if you'd like, but let me know if you do.. I'd love to read it :)
April 13, 2009
We had our first weigh in for The Biggest Loser last Thursday and I lost 3.3lbs.. in.a.week!! I may not do so hot this week though seeing as how I've only worked out once since then. And will only work out one more time before next weigh-in. And I may have been in a little bit too much of an easter spirit yesterday and had 100 too many little chocolates :) I had all plans to go to the gym today, but here are the reasons I didn't go:
Got a HORRIFIC nights sleep last night. Maybe slept 4 hours total.
The weather was just plain yucky. Wind. Rain. Although no thunder storms like i was hoping for.
I had to go to the grocery store.
I didn't wanna.
I promise I'll go tomorrow though and I'll work it out extra hard!!
Got to talk to my lova for like 2 hours yesterday all-in-all! Loved it. Tell me if this is weird though? He got a pass to go off and do his own thang for a couple hours for doing so well with his shooting. My first reaction was to completely spaz out and tell him I'm on my way to come hang out. (because lets keep in mind that throughout all of this we are really only like 10 minutes away from eachother). He didn't seem so keen on the idea bc they had to stay attached to their "battle buddies" hip. They couldn't leave eachother. He didn't think that would be fair to his BB. And after I started thinking about it, I decided I didn't want to go anyways because I didn't want to ruin the excitement of seeing eachother for the first time in months during graduation. Are we nuts? Maybe. But that's us. 23 days :)
One last little thing. I'm getting a new camera soon. I need help. Something basic. But something a little better than the last one I had. (kodak easy something or another) See why I need something simple? I just want to be able to point and click. No fuss. Suggestions please!!
April 7, 2009
Yes! I decided I'm biting the bullet and adopting a sweet little kitty. I want something. And I'm not ready for a dog. I had cats growing up, Trey on the other hand, does not so much care for them. But he did give me permission and promised it wasn't just because he felt bad that he was gone. I actually fell head over heals in love with one. He was 6 weeks old and absolutely the cutest thing I had ever laid eyes on. Calico, had white paws, white nose with freckles, and blue eyes. I mean heart pounding, almost in tears fell in love. Sped on over to the shelter right after work... Jackson was already gone. Yes, I had already named him. I'm not quite over this yet, but I'll find another Jackson out there somewhere!
On a brighter note... 4 more weeks until hubby graduates and I get to spend the day with him!!!! I can't believe that the time has gone by so fast. I can't imagine how I'm going to react to seeing him. I don't think I'll be able to keep my cool!! I'm pretty sure I'll jump all over him. I'm imaging him lookin pretty amazing in that uniform :)
Now back to catching up on the DVR!! I'm still on lasts weeks shows.. but i'll get there!