February 22, 2010

Baby Bump

Hubs and I had a great weekend! It was somewhat low key, but at the same time, very eventful as far as this place is concerned.

Friday, he got released around noon. I was so excited that we'd have a whole extra afternoon to our weekend, but when he did get home we were reminded of how there really is nothing to do in this town. When the weather is nice we can always find something to do... even if it's just going for a walk and chatting. This was not one of those days unfortunately. So after some lunch, he humored me and joined me on a shopping trip to a little consignment shop called The Storks Nest (where I found nothing worth buying... funny how there are some shops that are clean and trendy and some that are just.. well.. NOT) then Motherhood Maternity to get a belly band. Yup.. I've reached that point. I was spending most of my days unbuttoning my jeans for some relief, so it was time.
Friday night was spent watching Valkyrie and Skyping with my parents and brother for about an hour. I have a hard time finding the words to express my love for Skype!!

Saturday was another cold and dreary day. Trey was gone until mid afternoon getting certified for one thing or another. I could have spent this time doing something productive like laundry, but I spent it curled up on the couch, under a blanket, reading A Voice in the Wind (which I'm loving so far!!). That night we went to dinner with a group of friends and some of us went back to one of their homes to hang out for what turned out to be a LONG night. My dear husband had a weeeee bit too much to drink, therefore, we didn't make it home until about 1:30. I'm old now so that is waayyyyy past my bedtime. Side note: I'm thinking he's enjoying having this built in DD thing way too much ;)
After such a long night, I had to get up a lot earlier then I wanted to. We drove down to Texas to spend the day with my brother. Our good friends mentioned the night before that they were planning on driving down to the same town for the day, so we all just went together. It was jam packed with going to a bunch of stores that just don't exist in our town, and I refrained from buying a thing!
That just about sums up our weekend... and now... I can't believe I'm about to show you all this. Some of you have asked for it, so yes, I'm about to show my bare belly for all of the Internet world to see.... I'm cringing as I type. Drum roll please ~

A little puffery and bloating action at 12 weeks

A more defined bit of a baby bump at 13 weeks

It's not much, and I can't believe I'm posting a belly pic that could still be looked at as just plain ol' fat, but I am excited. It's the first week that I could tell any sort of a difference. We're in the last week of my first trimester!

16 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Cute baby bump!

Expat Girl said...

Awwww what a cute little baby bump! You know how mine was still quite small....ermmm yea its catching up with me and is seriously g.r.o.w.i.n.g right now!

Steph said...

Very cute! Hope you are doing well. I left you an award on my blog.

JG said...

Aw, how cute! :) That is definitely a baby bump, no confusion there.

New Girl on Post said...

Awww...how cute are you?!I love your little baby bump!

Mrs.Cass said...

aww baby bumps make me happy..give me baby fever! very cute:)

Mary said...

SO cute!!!

SCH said...

Aww so cute! You look great : )

JB said...

Enjoy your small baby bump while you can, soon you won't be able to see your toes! Haha. Definitely a cute bump, I can't wait to hear what you're having. :)

Jen said...

You look great!!! Soo adorable! :) Congrats again!

Shelze said...

Your baby bump is soo cute!

Shayla said...

you are SO good at not spending money!!! please tell me your secrets LOL

hey i live in DFW, if you're ever around *between now and the august wedding* let me know!!!!

and I think you look WAY CUTE with a baby bump :D


and to answer your question from forever ago his family didnt want to take off for december 18 they believe december should just be "family Christmas time" but IRONICALLY enough their SECOND excuse was that too many family members had December anniversaries already.....let me just tell you how thrilled I was dealing with his family on that one...NOT

Michelle A'etonu said...

what a cute bump! people are asking me for those kinds of pictures to, but I haven't gotten around to it, and I'm a bit shy :) have you read Francine Rivers' other book, Redeeming Love? That's a great one too. I'll have to find the one you're reading. Oh, and I'm a big fan of Skype too. I just started. It's great!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay for the baby bump!! You're looking great!

Tori Bella said...

Cute!!!! I just wanna touch it! (And I know stranger's have bubbles and you should ask but we're not strangers anymore.)

One Day at a Time said...

EEP! Jessssssss!!! I can totally tell there's a baby in there!! eeeeeek soooo excited!

and p.s. its possible that we might meet Reece tomorrow, if Emily does indeed have preeclampsia, and they decide to do the C asap! EEK!