August 6, 2010

A Post About Food

Remember my post from the other day confessing my incredibly strong craving for Laffy Taffy? Neither did I, but here it is. I now have more taffy than I will probably be able to eat before Drew gets here. It's been hilarious.
My dear husband came home with a bag of little taffies. Soooo not what I was talking about babe, but it was the thought that counts. I went to an FRG meeting last night and one of the wives showed up with a piece of the CORRECT kind of taffy (I don't think she read my post, I was just blabbing on and on to her about how much I was craving it and couldn't find it) and then found THREE pieces of taffy at our door when we got home last night! Jennifer had read my post and "just had to get them for me" when she saw them at the store! I just about died when I saw that.. so did Trey! You guys are the sweetest!

On another subject.. somewhat related... I tried a new recipe the other night and we thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that I thought I'd share it. I've been trying some new casserole type dishes that will be easy to make and have leftovers for when the babe gets here.. this one will be made again. And I got it off of the back of a package of shredded cheese :)

You'll need:
It says 12 tortillas but I needed about half of that.
1lb of Chicken breast (I just used the canned chicken - gasp) If you use a real piece of chicken, you'll need to shred it up. I promise the canned stuff is just as good and much easier.
As much shredded Mexican flavored cheese as you see fit (I won't admit here just how much we used, but I think you need at least one bag..)
2 cups of salsa
8oz of sour cream (again, I used more than that.. but to each his own)
10oz bag of frozen corn
bell pepper and onion

You'll do:
Heat up the chicken, onions and peppers until the chicken is heated through. (I even sprinkled some Cayenne pepper on the chicken for some extra pizazz)
Preheat oven to 400.
Add all of the salsa and frozen corn to your chicken and just let it sizzle on med. low for a bit.
Spread enough tortillas to cover the bottom of a sprayed 13x9 pan.
Add half of the chicken mix.
Sour cream on top of that.
Cheese on top of that.
Repeat all that once more.
Bake, covered in foil for 30 minutes.
Take the foil off and bake for 10 more minutes.

It's delish! Let me know if you try it and how you like it!

I'm very excited for tonight... hubs agreed to brinner and I cannot wait :)

4 comments:

Steph said...

Oh that recipe does sound good. I think I may have seen it on the back of a bag of cheese before too.

hmb said...

Glad you got your taffy!!

Little Momma said...

How nice of your friends to be so thoughtful!
& if you don't mind, what is the name of it? I have been looking for some ever since that post! The only thing I remember is it being strawberry with the sugar-sprinkles...

Heather said...

Ooooh, YUM. I'm going to try that one asap. It sounds really, really good!! And that is sooo sweet that everyone is supplying your laffy taffy!! :)