August 5, 2010

He's Getting Ready

I had my doctor's appointment first thing this morning! All is well... very well in fact.

Baby Drew has finally decided to flip around. He's about as head down and centered as it gets! His back is on my right side, hiney in my ribs (she said I should absolutely feel like my ribs are bruised.. and I DO), and his feet on my left side.

I could have cried when she first told us. Not happy tears. I know that sounds silly to most of you, but if you know me, you wouldn't be surprised. I do not handle pain well. But you know what? I'm feeling really good about this now. It took a couple of hours to get used to the idea. He was so far up in my ribs and definitely head up, I believe, until this Monday.. so I got used to the idea of having a Csec. I liked the fact that we would just know a date. That my mom could book her plane ticket feeling sure she would be here when we wanted her to be. I especially liked the idea of walking into the hospital and having my baby in my arms not too long afterwards. And really really got comfortable with the fact that my girl bits wouldn't be splitting apart.

But after having a really good conversation with my SIL and my Aunt, I'm kind of thankful and dare I say.. excited. Is there a part of me that is still scared of the whole experience? Duh. But I am glad I'm going to get this time in my life. I'm going to push my child out into this world. How amazing is that?! I've been praying and praying about this and I know God is in control of this. He wouldn't be putting us in this position if it wasn't something I could handle.

Now.. let's just hope he's on time! One because I'm soooo ready to not be pregnant anymore. Two (and most importantly) he has to be on time for FOOTBALL SEASON. Wooohooooo!! Carolina starts September 2nd and Alabama on the 4th. He NEEDS to be here for the start of the season :)

10 comments:

The Mrs. in Stilettos said...

I am glad your appointment went so well!!! I am also glad that you have settled into the idea of how your delivery will go! The best thing to try to do is RELAX!!! I can tell you from experience that even with a scheduled c-section, kids will come when they want lol. I labored for 18 hours with Ty and had him the day before his scheduled c-section and I labored for 13 hours with JJ and still had another c-section this time the day of my scheduled date lol. There are pluses to both vaginal deliveries and c-sections and negatives to both! Child birth is so unpredictable but so wonderful that's for sure! I hope your mom makes it to town in time and that you have a wonderful experience brining your little man into the world!!! Keep me updated!!!

Brooke Ashley said...

OMGsh I am due the day after you and know exactly what you are going though! I am SO ready to NOT be peg. any more. This heat is redic. (I live in GA) I wish you nothing but luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Aw yay! This is a sweet post. :)

Stephanie Hartman said...

Aw so cute YAY for Football season.. lol..

Jessica said...

Hello! I just found your blog.

I was reading your first post. Who's the Alabama fan? My husband and I are HUGE fans. Unfortunately, I will be watching the games by myself this year (except R&R).

I can't wait to read more!

http://meandhimandthearmy.blogspot.com

Steph said...

Oh my! Good luck with everything. I'm hoping that if we ever get pregnant, I'll be getting a C Section. I don't care what anyone says.

Heather said...

It's getting close!! Yay :)

I've always thought that I'd be terrified of the whole "pushing a baby through a very small hole" thing... but I know that once it's all said and done, it's probably a really rewarding experience.

And September 4??? Can I get a ROLL TIDE?! :)

One Day at a Time said...

good, I'm glad youre getting excited about it :) I wasn't sure if you were happy or sad that he turned!!!

Diana said...

I'm expecting our first too! It's so exciting! We are expecting a little girl. :]

Charlotte said...

youll be fine either way! I had a csection and plenty of friends who popped theirs out! the only thing that matters is he gets here safe and sound and that you are healthy and safe!! not too much longer!