August 26, 2010

Lucky

I'm going to take a little time to brag about my husband!

I know on a daily basis how much I love him, but sometimes life gets in the way of really appreciating him. RE: getting ready for baby. I've been consumed lately with all thoughts of baby. I'm quite sure that's normal. But then something happens that pulls me into reality and I see that I'm staring at the most perfect man that was made for me. Thank you, God!

It's been a rough week for me physically. To try and sum it up... I was slammed with sudden unbearable back pain on Monday (as in I couldn't stand up straight, never mind walk). It scared me seeing as how I'm a first time mom and had no clue what this meant. I had a feeling it was just the way he was positioned, but what if I was having back labor? After a phone call to L&D, I called Trey in full fledged tears. He left worked immediately and took such good care of me. Y'all, if you could have seen him walking me everywhere and through the house every time I needed to do something, you would have laughed. If he wasn't there.. I would have been crawling. I was able to totally lean on him.. literally. He also took it upon himself to do laundry, clean the house, and cook dinner. He went above and beyond and I didn't have to ask him for a single thing. He took such good care of me.
I still was not feeling better the next morning, so back to the hospital we went (they told us to if I wasn't feeling any better). Blood pressure was very high for me, so they are testing for preeclampsia and did another exam on me. They were talking about stretching my cervix if things were progressed enough (they weren't... apparently I'm not dialated at all anymore, but am 50% effaced) and as soon as they warned me how much it would hurt, he had jumped up by my head and was holding my hand. This coming from the guy who jokes about not knowing if he'll be able to handle being in the labor room. Who is he kidding... he's not going to let me out of his sight. He now wants to pack plenty of clothes because he doesn't even want to come home at night to sleep.. I'm still trying to convince him that that will be best.. he needs his rest!

He makes sure I'm getting plenty of rest and shuts me right up when I start feeling guilty for not getting enough done.
He's been loving on my belly so much lately and talking up a storm to his son. He's probably told me 10 times in the past 12 hours how excited he's getting.. even though I know he's a ball of nerves. He can't wait until Andrew is old enough to play with him and has the best time looking for toys for them to play with.
He wants to make sure everything is perfect for when my parents get here and is so excited to have them here. The fact that he big time hearts my parents makes me heart him even more.
He makes me laugh more than anyone on this planet... even when all I feel like doing is crying.
He's getting over the fact that his son won't be born in Alabama (he thinks all the best things come out of Alabama) and was ecstatic to realize this week that when we leave the hospital, we'll be going out the Alabama exit and the first road our son will ride on will be Alabama Street. Hey... I never said he was normal... just that he makes me laugh.
I could stare at him for hours while he's sleeping... he's adorable.
In my opinion.. he's just plain adorable in general :)
And clearly needs a dog to play with and even more clearly, is going to be the best dad in the world (just as amazing as my dad is with me)  :)  I can't wait to see the look on his face when he first sees Andrew!

I'm a lucky, lucky girl and need to remember to count my blessings more often!

8 comments:

Charity said...

Wonderful post, you are very blessed to have such a devoted husband.

Katie said...

You are one lucky lady, but he is a lucky man and Andrew is one lucky little boy. That was such a sweet post. I was seriously in tears.

I thought we might be seeing a picture of Andrew, though, when I saw the title in my Google Reader. I was thinking about you today when I was getting ready (is that weird?!) and wondering when the little man was going to make his big debut!

You guys are going to be amazing parents!

Charlatan psychic said...

I think you should get a dog! But not until baby is a little bigger. Especially if you want a puppy, then wait at least a year.

I can't wait to meet Andrew and I hope you feel better!

One Day at a Time said...

He is pretty great :) I can't wait to see him with baby Andrew in his arms either!!

Anonymous said...

Keep on bragging and counting your blessings! I think that's a good thing!

Hope your feeling alright. Have a wonderful weekend!

Missie said...

I'm a new reader to your blog. I've added myself as a follower.

Have a good weekend.
www.its-my-turn-now.com

Jen said...

Sounds like you got yourself a good one. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Michelle A'etonu said...

what a great guy! hope little Drew is here by now!