July 16, 2009

Moving Right Along

Remember last week and the week before when I was spazzing out about this move and everything that needed to get accomplished before I could even make that move? It just seemed like so much needed to get done and I didn't know how it was all going to happen. I felt a lot better last weekend when my momma came to save my life and pack up the majority of my house. Now here we are not even a week later... my house was showed by a realtor today for the first time. Just a week after it was put on the market! (here's the link to see our little house if you'd like to). I'm not sure if anything will come out of it or not (life would just be too perfect if it did), but at least it's a little nibble and something to keep our hopes up! Annnddd theennnn... someone was interviewed yesterday for my position at work. This made me well up in tears and forced me to retreat to Bethie's office to be rocked in her office chair, but also made me happy at the same time. It's inevitable that I'm leaving and I know they love me so much that they'd never ever get rid of me on their own terms ;) so I want to make sure they get someone good in there. I'm not sure if she got the job or not, but everything is just becoming so real!
I still don't really think i'm grasping the fact that i'm leaving. I try to concentrate on the facts: i'm not going to be able to up and drive to my parents house. I'm not going to be right by my friends to see the amazing things that are going on in their lives right now. I'm not going to be surrounded by my coworkers everyday that have become more like a family to me than anything (as dysfunctional as it may be). I'm trying to grasp this so it doesn't take me out of commission when it actually happens. Don't get me wrong ~ i am BEYOND ecstatic to live with Trey again, it'll just take some getting used to. I'm sure it'll be quite the journey.. especially knowing the "journeys" I tend to get myself into!
On a totally separate note, tomorrow is Just Ask Beth's birthday!!! Happy Birthday Bethie. Love you long time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well good! A nibble is definitely better then nothing at all and your huose is totally adorable! I know moving can be rough and even painful at times, but its going to all be so worth it, trust me! If I can up and move from my siblings, then you can do this no problem:p Keep us posted about your house!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Well that's awesome that someone might be interested in your house! I know it's super sad to leave everyone behind but in the military life you'll come across all of them again one day. Plus think of all the new people you're gonna get to meet in the move!
Hugs....it'll be ok!

One Day at a Time said...

im trying to grasp it too...

:(

actually, no im not, im in complete denial.

lola said...

Aw! Keep your head up -- it is definitely going to be a new journey but one that will bring you fabulous memories and new friends!

Steph said...

Aww your house is too cute. I'm sure someone will snatch it right up. I'm sure it wont be easy to move away from your family and friends but at least you will get to be with your husband and I'm sure you will make tons of new friends.