July 21, 2009

Grammy Mac Update

Thank you very much for all the sweet comments, prayers, and virtual hugs :)
Unfortunately we're going to need a lot more where that came from. The doctor called all my aunts in together for a talk with my grandmother.. the spots he saw on her lungs that he thought was pneumonia are in fact spots from lung cancer. She's at a smaller hospital right now, but is going to UMass soon to see how bad it is. If it's not so bad yet, they will give her as much chemo as she can handle, which she is okay with. This will give her another year if that's the case. If it's too bad, they will just let it run it's course. She doesn't want to get into having any surgeries and I can't say that I blame her.
I'm waiting for the tears to come, but they really haven't yet. I'm actually more angry than anything. Not at her, just the situation. I'm extremely passionate about smoking. I hate it and always have. Because of her. Smoking robbed her of a quality life for so many years and is now going to be the end of it as well. It just frustrates me. It breaks my heart to know she's in so much pain. And to hear my mom so upset. I can't image how hard it would be to be 900 miles away from your mother when you get news like this. I know it kills her which in turn kills me. I rambling now so I'm going to stop here. So much I want to say.. but I really don't know how.

8 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm really sorry to hear this. I agree whole heartily with you on the no smoking issue. Remember my post? Yeah totally agree....

Unknown said...

Wow girl, I am so sorry I missed your last post about your grandmother:( I hope it turns out to be a mild case and that she is given more time with you and her family...You all will be in my prayers...Hugs you:)

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear hun, hang in there... I cannot even imagine how hard that this is!

Jon and Steph said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this! It's so hard seeing a loved one go through something like this! Definitely saying prayers for you and your grandmother!

Steph said...

I'm sorry that it is cancer. I hate when I tell a story like this and people say when my grandma had cancer.... so I'm not gonna do that. Just tell her you love and touch her while you can. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Charlotte said...

For some reason, you don't appear on my reader...sad...anyways...so I have to remind myself to go check your page and then I have a lot of catching up to do!! Im glad to see the yard sale went well- I was thinking about you! I meant to come over and scope out your loot, but such is life with a newborn-
sorry to hear about your grandmother- i will be keeping your entire family in my thoughts and prayers- I can't believe he's almost at graduation! CRAZY!!
love, c

SCH said...

I'm so sorry to hear that it's cancer and that she's in so much pain. I share your hate for smoking for the exact reason that you do, my Grandma passed away in October after a lot of suffering from smoking.
I'll be praying for you and your family, and that you all can find peace and His love through this very tough situation.

TJ said...

Aww Im so sorry :( I know how hard it can be but hopefully with such an amazing family and support she will be ok!