May 16, 2009

Weekend Plans

After a wonderful Friday night of being a lazy bum getting some much needed rest and relaxation and after I'm done lying in bed extra late on this Saturday morning, I actually do have a very production weekend planned.
Since "Welcome to Army Life" part number 1 is behind us, I've realized that before I know it.. I'm going to have to put this house of ours up for sale. And by that I mean most likely at the end of the summer. With this realization came the minor spastic reaction on my part thinking about all the things I need to get done to make this house scream "Buy Me".
So I'm doing project #1 this weekend and I'm actually really excited to get it done.
Mulching the trashy looking jungle of weeds garden bed that runs around the entire house! *Yes, I may be a little more excited to use this as an opportunity to work on my tan more so than the actual act of mulching* Trey and I planned to do this all summer last year and just never got around to it. Good thing my 13-year old brother practically lives for this stuff and is coming over today after lunch to help me prepare it. He's spending the night (which means I should probably get to the store to buy some food) and my parents will be here tomorrow to help with the actual mulching.
Thank God. I'm not ashamed to admit I've never done anything like this before so it should be an experience and provide some blog-worthy material.
I'll at least be sure to post some before and after pictures!

1 comment:

One Day at a Time said...

good luck! matt and i have been mulching and planting too, and its not as hard as it looks!! you just spread it around. but you will need ALOT more than you think!! I got 5 bags for my bed in the center of the front yard, and Im going to have to buy 3 more because it didnt cover it.