May 18, 2009

Back to Basic

Or it feels like it anyways!
Trey and all the guys he's with got placed in thier actual platoons today. Which means they are actually starting stuff this week. I know he is thankful for that as he was quite bored last week! So while I'm glad for him, I am a little down because this also means this is the start of him being a busy soldier for the next couple of months. I haven't heard that voice all day as of 8:20 tonight. I miss it! Yes, I take back my "hating the phone" complaints!
He did text me earlier today to let me know that we need to talk about this upcoming weekend. He will not be getting on off-post past like we originally thought, but will have about 8 hours of free time during the days. I'm been struggling with the decision on whether or not to go all day, but I think I've decided to make a go for it. Any thoughts?? I'm sure I can manage to find things to do when he is away right? I think it will be worth it.. but opinions are definitely welcome!
I hope everyone had a great Monday (as great as Mondays go anyway)

Here are some reasons my day sucked:
Close to NO sleep last night. (just could not fall and stay asleep)
Felt like I got NOTHING done at work today no matter how focused I tried to be
Not hearing from Trey
Not making it to the gym because of pure exhaustion
And I JUST NOW spilled an entire glass of bright red tropical punch KoolAid (sugar free of course) on the cream colored carpet

And here are some things that made it not COMPLETELY suck:
Knowing that i have someone to miss as much as I do
Finding a new little surcie for myself at the grocery store ~ Weight Watcher Candy Bar Ice Creams. It's kind of like the Snickers IceCream bars which I happen to LOVE.
Having a bowl of Apple Jacks for dinner.

Here's to a better day tomorrow :)

Update:
Trey just called only to inform me that he doesn't know when he'll be able to call me again. And I shouldn't go down this weekend bc although he technically will have free time, he'll have to be back at all hours of the day for anything from formation to detail... blah. It will all be worth it in the end <3

5 comments:

One Day at a Time said...

I vote that you should still go for it- you dont know when the next opportunity will be!
And I looooove the weightwatchers ice cream! And skinny cow ice cream.

Unknown said...

Yeah, thats the military for you! Lol, from my experience, the begining stages are always crazy busy but they slow down in the middle so you two should have sometime then to meet up:) When you do come down, let me know! I hope I have sometime off so we can do lunch or something:) Have a good one girl and kool aid on the cream carpet, OUCH! I've done that *winces* Not really sure what gets that out either...That Oxy stuff?

Megan said...

Aww I sorry you can't go. :( Hopefully you can make it over there for 4th of July weekend if not sooner. I'm pretty sure they get a 4 day for that, and on post they have a big event with fireworks and stuff.

One Day at a Time said...

oh boo! i just read this update....sorry hun! but yes, there will be another opportunity :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm sorry you can't go and had such a rough day.

Oh, I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Jennifer, I found your blog over on new girl on post.