May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!`

I'm home from Charleston! We came back a day early, but all-in-all had a good time while we were there! The weather didn't really cooperate so we didn't get down to the beach. We ate, drank, and slept for the most part to be honest! But it was nice to get away!

I'm not sure what I'll end up doing today. I may end up going to my brother's baseball game, or I might just stay around the house cleaning up a little bit. Maybe go to the grocery store. Right now, I'm waiting on Ashleigh, from The Storey Family, to wake up and see if she wants to run out and get some breakfast. She came over last night (we were both without our hubs and almost had a pity party while alone at separate houses) and brought The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with her. I LOVED that movie! I definitely did shed a few tears, but not as many as I thought I would. It was also a lot longer than we thought it was. We were both fighting to stay awake so she just crashed here. I believe her lasts words before falling asleep were something about not being a late sleeper. Phhssshhh! It's almost 9, my stomach is growling, and she's still not up ;)

Whatever I do end up doing today, I will be thinking about the reason we are celebrating this day. I've probably thought about this more this year than any other year before, which is only natural I guess. These men and women risk their lives for us every single day, some having made the ultimate sacrifice... they are doing the most selfless and brave thing I can think of.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you had fun! And you would hate me because my first meal of the day usually ends up being lunch! Robert hates this about me:p I still say I'm eating breakfast though, Ha! Happy Memorial day!

One Day at a Time said...

hahaha sorry about that!! did you get something for breakfast?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm glad you had a good time! Happy Memorial Day!