February 24, 2009

I am SO loved!!

What a hard day today was!!
From my dramatic leave to work this morning, knowing it would be the last time I set eyes on him for 9 and 1/2 weeks, to getting his phone call at 3:00 saying he was on his way to the recruiting station, to his last little text telling me how much he loved me and he was walking in now. I stepped out of my office and felt so empty because the first thing I do usually is call him. And I was DREADING walking into this empty, quiet house, knowing that at no point would he be walking in.
But he left a trace of himself everywhere. Number 1.. he cleaned the entire house for me on his last free day. But most importantly... he has left little notes for me EVERYWHERE!! I was laughing, smiling, and crying for the first 2o minutes of being home.

There's a note taped to the door that says "Have a great day! Smile!! Love Hub".
He typed out a quote he loves and layed that on my pillow.
A note taped to the mirror that I sit at every morning to straighten my hair, right at eye level telling me how beautiful and sexy I am.
There's a note on my Bible reminding me to pray for him and our future (like I needed a reminder).
And best of alll... There's a 5 or 6 page, typed out note that he must have been working on for God knows how long!! It's all broken up into different paragraphs, so it's like each day was a different section. At first I thought he wrote it all today, but at one point it talks about him asking me to be a little more aware of my surroundings (I'm not very observant) and he mentioned that he hopes I'll have the ADT system by then.
Ohh no.. this may be the best part. There is also a note written and taped to the night stand right by my bed. When we were dating, and whenever we are away from eachother, he has his own little way of "tucking me in" over the phone. It's nothing really.. but just a few things he would say to me every night. He wrote that down word for word right by my bed.

I am just so incredibly blessed to have a husband as selfless and sweet and thoughtful as him!! I know I have been complaining a lot and dreading this day for so long now, but in the midst of all of this, I can honestly say that I am still very excited about the life we are going to lead. I know it will be difficult at times and I know that we could/will go through times that are much harder than this, but there is noone else on this entire planet that I would rather take this ride with! God, I love him!

I also have pretty amazing friends, which I am sure I've mentioned lately. I've been seriously thinking about getting a day planner. They have been showing so much support and making so many plans to keep me busy that I really think I'm going to need it to keep up with everything! I am so so thankful for everyone I have in my life!!

My stomach is now growling.... Night number one for Lean Cuisine's!

7 comments:

Megan said...

That is so sweet! The only thing I had when my hubby left for basic was pictures and the letters he would send me. It will go by fast though and if you every see a weird number calling your phone, answer it! :)

LyndsAU said...

That is so sweet!! what a great hubs!!

Heather said...

Aww! Trey's a sweetheart! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww. This just warms my heart for you. He is so sweet and romantic. Love that he cleaned the house, too!

Charlotte said...

so refreshing to read this...i can only hope that raymond would do the same...i hope that the days fly by and you are comforted with your dreams at night! stay strong girl!!!

rachaelgking said...

That is so sweet, darlin...

I left a Post-It in B's work bag the other day for him to find later. It was a little more R-rated, though. ;-)

One Day at a Time said...

you have such a great husband!! Too sweet.

On another note, follow my blog. I just made one today.
http://ashleighstorey.blogspot.com/