We had such a great weekend!! Minus Trey not being on his best behavior Friday night... which we won't discuss... tssk tssk... boys will be boys is all I can say! Anywho - In case you don't remember, my brother Chuck is station in Wichita Falls for AF AIT for a couple months which is 40 minutes away from us. He's to the point where most of his weekends are free. He doesn't have a car, so it's a lot of driving back and forth for us, but it's so so worth it. He spent Sat. and Sun. here with us in Lawton (I forewarned him plenty of times how little there is to do). It's beyond comforting to walk into my living room and see him lounging on our couch. It's like a little piece of home has followed us here. Even if him and Trey spend the whole afternoon napping, leaving no space for the pregnant woman to nap - it's perfect!
I've gained a few new followers over the last couple of weeks. Welcome to my blog and I'm so flattered and happy that you are taking the time to read about my life. Please feel free to leave comments so we can get to know each other. I'll start the "getting to know you" process, by telling y'all a little more about the most important thing in my life.. my husband! I stole this little survey from Expat Girl - go on over and check her out... you'll love her blog!
1. What are your middle names? Me - Ann or Y. (my maiden name) depending on which document you look at. Him - Wayne
2. How long have you been together? We met the summer of 2002 and were "officially" together from that October on... so... about 7.5 years. Since he was 20 and I was 19.
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? I guess I just answered that one! A couple months.
4. Who asked who out? This is a hard one. I don't remember either of us asking the other out. We just kind of fell into it I guess. I don't think my mum appreciates this story too much, but it really is pretty sweet. In October, my family decided to go to the beach for a weekend and I was given strict orders that no parties were to be had at the house. I am sorry that I went against their wishes so much growing up, but I don't regret this night *sorry mum* I did have people over, and a few did spend the night.. including my future husband. We never went to sleep that night though. We stayed up talking and laughing together all night. He was a very respectful gentleman... wouldn't even get under a blanket with me (be still my heart)
5. How old are each of you? He is now 27 and I will turn 27 this Sunday!
6. Did you go to the same school? Not high school, but we did go to the same community college for a semester or two.
7. Are you from the same home town? Definitely not. I lived in Massachusetts until I was 13. He was born in Alabama (can we say opposites?), but moved around a lot with the Army. Then we both ended up in South Carolina.
8. Who is the smartest? Nothing against myself, and I am not saying I have no smarts, but I think we would both agree he is the smarter one. I just tend to not make the best decisions.. he's much better with geography, common sense, politics, history.. blah blah blah. Boring. Put us both in front of a computer and I have to show him the ropes, or give me a Sudoku puzzle and I'll kick his rear in no time.
9. Who majored in what? We both majored in business. I focused on Office Administration and received my Associates. He focused on finance I believe and has his Bachelors.
10. Who is the most sensitive? Ha! Me.. by far. And that was before pregnancy hormones! He has been known to shed a tear or two during a chick flick though. Don't tell him I told you that!
11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Cancun for our honeymoon. Followed by Oklahoma. Glamorous huh?
12. Who has the worst temper? I would be the winner of that award yet again. Sensitive and a bad temper. I have gotten better with that, but he has like... NO temper. What can I say.. I'm a Pisces.
13. How many children do you want? I would be perfectly happy with 2. He wants a bit of a larger family. We'll see. I MAY be open for trying for 3 if the first two are the same sex.
14. Who does the cooking? Me. All the time. Every meal. He rarely even makes his own lunch.
15. Who is more social? Well that would be me again. While he opens up just fine once he does meet people and people do tend to like him immediately, I am the one who pushes our social life. I will talk to anyone really. He tends to want to keep to himself more.
16. Who is the neat freak? Wow.. me again. We both like a clean house, but it's almost impossible to keep it that way with him. He keeps everything and leaves everything laying around. If it weren't for me, you'd see him on an episode of Hoarders. I don't know how to keep up with his stuff or how to organize/ store it. It frustrates me.
17. Who is the most stubborn? I can't chose on this one. We're both pretty stubborn.
18. Who wakes up earlier? During the week, him, but only because he has to for PT. I'm not a late sleeper naturally.. he is.. so on the weekend I'm always up first.
19. Where was your first date? Is it horrible that I don't remember??? I'm going to have to ask him. I'm sure it was dinner somewhere.
20. Who has the bigger family? Me.. absolutely! I have a huge family and we are all very close. I love it!
21. Do you get flowers often? No, but I'm kind of okay with this. Although, I will say that I do wish I got them every once in a while. I don't even need an expensive bouquet... I'd be happy with a couple flowers picked from the side of the road. But not so often that it gets old.
22. How do you spend the holidays? Before Army, we would spend the holidays split up between our families. Now, it just depends. Either just the two of us (soon to be three of us), with friends, or if we are luck.. a trip home to see family.
23. Who is more jealous? Honestly, neither one of us are really jealous at all.
24. How long did it take to get serious? Not very long. We dated a long time before getting married, but we were young. There was no need to rush into it. But even while we were just dating, I'm pretty sure we both knew that was it for us.
25. Who eats more? He wins this one with flying colors!! Even now that I am pregnant! Hubs loves him some food!
26. What do you do for a living? Right now, growing a baby and keeping the house together. That's not really "making a living", but it's what I do right now. I worked in a mortgage office before we moved here and I LOVED it. I loved the feeling of keeping things organized and seeing a pile of files going from 20 to 0. I would definitely love to do something like that again in the future, but I think for a while I'm going to enjoy taking care of my family.
27. Who does the laundry? Before pregnancy, I did every bit of it. He never touched it. Now that I'm pregnant, exhausted, and the fact that doing our laundry involves carrying loads of it down the stares and a couple buildings down, he is stepping up a bit more. I'm so thankful for how helpful he is!
28. Who's better with the computer? Definitely me. He gets so frustrated when it comes to the computer.
29. Who drives when you are together? Most of the time, him. But he is enjoying having a built in DD a little too much!!
30. What is your song? There are a ton of songs that come on and make us think about each other. Our wedding song was I Could Not Ask For More by Edwin McCain.