March 17, 2010

Love the One You're With

This is a story about a married woman (Ellen) who randomly runs into her ex (Leo) while walking down the street one day. Before this day, Ellen is extremely happy in her seemingly perfect marriage to Andy. All it took was a quick meeting over coffee with Leo to make her start deeply questioning if she really ended up with the right guy after all.
I finished this book last week, and overall I think I would have to give this one a B-. I liked it, I really did, but I wasn't swooning over it in the end. It was another one of those books that started off kind of slow for me, but not slow enough for me to give up on it. It drew me in enough. It did pick up towards the middle and there were some nights where I stayed up way past bed time because I couldn't put it down.
The night that I finished it, I snuggled up to my husband just a little bit closer! *Which actually says a lot, because I am so NOT a snuggler. I really don't even like to be touched when I'm trying to fall asleep...we so need a king sized bed*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything that makes me snuggle closer to the hubby must be good! Have a great week!

Kimberly said...

I didn't really like this one that much, but Something Borrowed and Something Blue are also by her and are both good. (Read something borrowed first!) Baby Proof is kinda ehh but I read that one too.

Shayla said...

hmm I may check out some of her books! sounds intresting

and i am SO NOT a snuggler either!!! but my honey LOVES to snuggle!! he wants to use my FULL size bed as our first bed for a while...im so not thrilled--he LOVES being right up on me when he falls asleep though :S things we do for those we love...sheesh!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've heard really mixed reviews about this book but I think I might have to add it to my must read list!

JG said...

Haha...I'm the same way. I'm not much of a cuddler. SoldierMan, on the other hand, is a MAJOR cuddle bug! Thankfully, he falls asleep in about 30 seconds so once he's out I wiggle my way free. I'm horrible, I know :P

Tori Bella said...

I think I have that one sitting in my 2nd bedroom waiting to be read.

We call it spooning. And we have a magnent with a fork and a spoon holding hands and it says "Spooning leads to forking!" Just something to consider. ;)