January 3, 2010

No Place Like Home -Part 2-

The second half of our trip was spent much like the first.. spending as much time possible with as many people as we could.
The day after Christmas we went to a baby shower for our friends Brandon and Emily (you were introduced to them yesterday). They are having a little girl whose name will be Reece and are due on March 17th.. St. Patty's Day! It was a fun night.. very relaxed... the majority of our friends all together again.. and lots of pizza. All factors add up to a good time!

On the 31st, we left to come back home. It was hard leaving my family again. I was already crying as we were driving away, but as we were passing the house, I looked over and saw my dad and brother waving out the window which made the tears flow even more so! It's just not easy at all for me to be away from them! I do have to say though, as we got closer to our home away from home (back here) I got more and more excited. It was good to be back. It felt great to be back in our apartment and sleep in our bed again, and it'll be good to get back in a routine. And I SO have been enjoying our new coffee maker <3 This weekend was full of spending time with our friends here which has helped immensely. I cannot express how much my friends mean to me... on both sides of the country!

Trey and I didn't get to see the ball drop this year, as we were sound asleep 2 hours before. Life is changing.. all for the better! I'm excited about this new year and new decade. I'm not making any resolutions for once. I just plan on taking a lot of time to reflect on the changes I want to make within myself and to carry those changes out. Nothing physical, although I do want to be healthier...not so I can fit into those size 4 jeans... so I can feel wonderful about myself.

4 comments:

Katie F said...

My hubby and I too were asleep by ten on new years! What an exciting life we lead.
My hubby is also in the military. We went home for xmas this year and I had a hard time saying goodbye. I just moved to NC about 8 mths ago and am still adjusting to being away from my family.
It is soo hard! I look forward to reading more of your blog

JG said...

I'm the same way, I'm not big on resolutions, it's just one more set of goals to miss. (Quite the cynic, I know.)

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

It sounds like you had an amazing time at home! I'm the same about resolutions...I am going to set some 'goals' though, so hopefully I will improve in some way this year!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your Christmas and time with family! Happy New Year!