January 4, 2010

A Look Back

2009!!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Let's see where do I even begin? Became an Army Wife for one.. that's new. Took road trips by myself. Checked into and stayed at a hotel by myself. Organized a move. Lived alone. Moved far away from family. Volunteered. It was a big year for me!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm pretty sure my resolution was to lose weight and that I did. I'm not making any this year. I'm on resolution strike.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? One of my best friends did and many more will soon!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Unfortunately yes, my grandmother who I was very very close to passed away in August.
5. What places did you visit? Columbus, GA - Charleston, SC - my home town in Massachusetts - OKC - back home to Columbia, SC for the holidays
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? stability. but with an upcoming move I don't see that happening.. eehhh.. what's the fun in stability anyways right?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 2nd.. being reunited with my husband after the months of basic training. 4th of July... visiting him at Ft Benning and watching the fireworks together. August 27th... seeing him graduate OCS and attempting to pin his 2LT bar on him. I don't remember the date, but my "first" last day at the office (those people mean more to me than they probably should and it was very hard to leave.. but then they kept bringing me back so we got used to the goodbyes) and finally Sept 26th.. the day I moved away from my family. Traumatic to say the least.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I would have to say driving from SC to OK by myself and making it there with no horror stories.
9. What was your biggest failure? hmm.. there are a few. I slipped a couple times while trying to figure out this new life. But who doesn't. What matters is that I picked myself back up.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, actually I think it was the healthiest year I've had in a long time.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing is coming to mind! Our new couch?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Trey's. I've seen him grow so much this year. And volunteering to fight for your country.. that deserves a little celebration I think!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I don't have an answer for this one. Only my own behavior would be able to depress me.
14. Where did most of your money go? Sadly.. probably food and entertainment.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?Seeing Trey for the first time after his BCT was through.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Halo by Beyonce. Say what you will.. I LOVED that song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Ohh much much happier!! I was just getting ready to go through a million changes this time last year. Now I've been through them and am enjoying the outcome. b) thinner or fatter? Bad question to ask right now, but thinner thankfully! c) richer or poorer? Richer definitely! I didn't even realize how close we were to dreadfully poor!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I'd spent more time with my family when I needed to.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying!!!
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? In SC visiting family and friends
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? As cliche and corny as it sounds - even more so.
22. What was your favorite TV program? hard to chose just one but either Army Wives or Desperate Housewives.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? I was husbandless for my birthday so my wonderful girlfriends came over and we had dinner and watched movies.
24. What was the best book you read? Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult
25. What did you want and get? a single cup coffee maker and *boooyyaaaa* got it for Christmas. Also one other thing.
26. What did you want and not get? to be stationed at Ft. Stewart.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? There aren't even any contenders with this one... The Blind Side. Law Abiding Citizens was pretty cool too but doesn't even compare.
28. Did you make some new friends this year? Thankfully I did meet some great girls out here! I would have been a big ball of depression without them and will be sad to split up this spring/summer.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? wine?? Just kidding.. kind of.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Ha.. non existent? I mean I do well for myself but I'm definitely comfortable at all times!
31. What kept you sane? my parents and Bethie and work believe it or not
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ellen.. love that woman
33. What political issue stirred you the most? it takes a lot to rattle me but I'm going with the Ft. Hood incident (I hate using the word incident for this.. it's so much more.. but couldn't think of what I was trying to say) I don't know if that can be considered a political issue, but that day just really got to me.
34. Who did you miss? My family and friends in SC
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. hmmm.. don't lose focus on the things that matter. Don't worry about things you can't control. Remember that God knows what he's doing with you. Trust Him.

5 comments:

Katie F said...

Handle with care is such a great book!

Steph said...

Best wishes for 2010!

Kristie said...

Happy New year!

just ask beth said...

I like No.31 !! I am glad you are happy and HEALTHY!! You matured so much last year and learned so much about yourself.. like inner strength.. you picked yourself up from your mistakes, brushed off and moved forward... Have a wonderful 2010!!

Heather said...

You had a VERY eventful 2009 - and you handled it all with such grace.

I hope 2010 hold nothing but WONDERFUL things for you and Trey! Love you girlie :)