November 23, 2008

Weekend Recap and a lil recipe for ya!

So another weekend comes to an end. For most people at least. Not I.
I hope everyone had a great one and that it didn't fly by too fast for you! Ours was pretty low key. We did NOTHING friday night. Which seems to becoming a pattern lately. One I am pretty happy with. I made steaks and baked potatoes and we catched up at a couple DVR'd shows. We watched Law and Order SVU and ER. We were seriously both asleep a little after 10 on the couch! Ha! We're getting old and boring!!
Saturday, we got up pretty early and got some errands done. First stop was to the post office to mail Blue Eyed Bride and Red, White and Preppy's candles to them. Sorry girls! This post office isn't opened on Saturdays?? Who knew.. I thought they all were. Looks like I'll be sending them to you tomorrow. I really hope you get them before Thanksgiving.. I think you should. Anywho.. after we got home, hub went out and did some raking. I stayed in and gave the house the emaculate cleaning it really really needed. While cleaning, I noticed that a couple of radio stations are already playing 24/7 Christmas music!! Too early you say? Not so much says I! Got me in a little bit of a Christmas mood so we invited friends over later that night to watch Elf and Christmas Vacation. Two of my yearly Christmas movie necessities! I made a delicious Baked Ziti recipe that I'll post down on the bottom. It was a hit!
Today we went to my parents to watch The Patriots beat up on Miami. Great game! By far the most entertaining game of the year. And of course my mum had lots of goodies over there. Buffalo Chicken Dip, Chili, and a sandwhich ring. I'm stuffed!! Now we are just had home relaxing, doing some laundry and will probably watch a movie. Love Actually if I get my way.

Tomorrow I'll be busy getting ready for our trip. We are going to Huntsville, Alabama for Thanksgiving to see Hubs family. We're leaving Tuesday night and will be back Sunday afternoon. It'll be nice to get out of town for a little bit! I'll be sad to be away from my parents during the holiday though. When we come back, my cousin from Massachusetts will be here visiting. She is a senior in high school and is thinking about coming down here to USC for college. Which by the way will make my life complete for her to be here so I'm crossing my fingers :)

Thankfully, I'll still be connected to everyone while in Alabama. Trey has to do some stuff for his class so we'll have to bring the laptop. Great thing too.. around that wacked grandfather of his *and I say that with a very fond heart* I'm sure there's lots of stuff I'll have to post about!

Here's the baked ziti recipe I promised:

You'll need:
1lb of ziti
2-26 oz jars of speghetti sauce
1lb of italian sausage
1/2 onion
1 1/2 cup of sour cream
8 oz shredded mozzerella
8 oz shredded parm cheese
6 oz of sliced provelone cheese

boil the ziti for 8 minutes, drain
While that's going, brown crumbled sausage and onion together, add speg. sauce and simmer for 15 minutes
Lightly grease bottom of a 13x9 pan (I used Pam)
Add 1/2 of ziti, 1/2 of sauce mix on top of that, provolone cheese, sour cream, rest of ziti, rest of sauce, mozzerella cheese, parm cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes.

That's it.. very easy and very delish!

5 comments:

Heather said...

OOOOOH LOVE ACTUALLY!!! That is one of my ALL TIME favorite movies!!!! :)
Sounds like you had a good weekend!! I'll have to try your ziti recipe.
Have a good trip to Huntsville!

Megan said...

I am always up for a new baked ziti recipe! :0)

Anonymous said...

baked pasta dishes are seriously becoming my new thing!

I can watch Love Actually everyday if I could :)

Anonymous said...

The mom in me is starting to worry about you, no new post lately - are you okay?

Heather's M

Heather said...

I really do laugh looking back at that day. At the time, all I could think was, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" But now I can appreciate the humor. Anyway, hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Been missing your posts. I see Mama has gotten curious, too. :)