November 4, 2008

And now we wait!

I got to the polls at 8:00 this morning. I didn't think about the fact that we'd be outside waiting. Didn't bring a jacket. My poor little buhonkus froze!!! I was so cold I could barely text.. which that along with the rednecks *don't mean to offend* behind me kept me sane during the three hours I waited. I don't mean rednecks as in from the south. No no.. I don't think all southerners are rednecks by any means. I mean the people that smoked the ENTIRE time. (Enter a little known fact about me.. I strongly dislike being around smokers). Complained really loudly the entire time with loud breathy sighs as well. Made other rednecks friends and talked.. again.. really loudly about their strange strange life. Things that I would never tell strangers. One of them gave up after an hour and a half of waiting.. and I quote, "I can't take this shit nomore. I'm going to take a nap. My bed is much warmer than this". Goodbye.. you probably shouldn't be voting anyways!!!!
Anywho... I didn't plan for that to be the focus of my post.
How exciting is this???? The race is so close. A lot closer than I though it was going to be! Hub and I are in our sweats watching the votes come in and the electoral map light up state by state. I've never came out and said who I was voting for, but I did vote for McCain. Of course I want him to win, but I'm not sweating it too much. Hub on the other hand has had a couple minor annurisms, but I feel like there's nothing else we can do to change anything so why worry about it now? Whatever will be will be, right? No need to get my panties in a wad.. I've done my part. I can only hope for the best for our country! And let's not forget who's hands we're all really in anyway right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the story about the smokers.
I do the same thing, complain (rather loudly) and do pretend coughing. Never works, but it makes me feel better. :)

Heather's M