November 2, 2008

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself

Here's my story..

Spent a couple hours at my parents house today while Hub was home... yup.. you guessed it... sick. I passed it on over to him :( He's usually a much better sport about these things though so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'll take good care of him!
Anyway.. I leave my parents house and start driving down the road. Driving, driving, driving.. pass my brother, wave.. drive more, drive more.... About 15 minutes later, I'm heading down 77, jamming to some sweet tunes, when I realize.. where the hell am I?? Why am I on 77 and how do I get back home from here?
I know very well when I turn out of my parents neighborhood I am to keep going straight all the way to 20. This is NOT a new concept to me. Why today do I decide to make an extra turn and go 15 miles down 77?? Who knows! I had to call my dad and have him give me directions on how to get home ( I had already passed the exit to get on 20).. yeah.. so there's my day in a nutshell.
Now, on a mission to find this mysterious pizza place that is supposedly (?) right around my house and is supposedly (?) REAL NEW YORK STYLE pizza. So says the lady from Mass. I met the other day at CVS. I can't seem to find it anywhere.. Let's try not to get lost this time :)

I'll be cheering my Pats on tonight.. playing the Colts!! Wooohooooooo!!

6 comments:

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

Which pizza place is it? I am in Columbia almost every weekend and I LOVE pizza!

Jessica said...

It's in West Columbia. On Platt Springs road. We actually found it last night and I have to admit.. I'm skeptical. It was closed so we didn't get to try it, but it's called Giovanni's. The place looks a little sketch, but my dad has had it in Mass. before and 2nd this ladies ravings. And he knows his pizza!

Heather said...

Oh, wow... I can't tell you how much like me this is. I was leaving my dad's house in Mississippi last year, heading home (Alabama) and all was going well. I was, like you, jamming out to some sweet tunes, and before I knew it, I saw a sign saying I was headed towards LOUSIANA! Are you kidding me?? I drove almost 25 miles in the wrong direction without even noticing it!! Good grief.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo glad you are feeling better! sadly, I've done that a couple times and driven way out to nowhere, scattered brain or I guess, brainless.

Anonymous said...

As long as the music was good then the extra time on the road was worth it...I think I could drive all day with the right music but don't try to have a conversation with me while I'm driving and singing, that annoys me. :)

Heather"s M

High on Hairspray said...

Hey SY! I haven't been blogging much lately. Can ya tell?
I've done the same thing driving home. I had to call my husband and ask him for directions home. When he asked me where I was I didn't know so I had to go in a gas station and ask "where am I?"