Let's pretend you knew someone that was getting ready to join the Military. While they would most likely be excited about it, you know it's also scary at the same time. Think about how you felt when your husband joined (if you were married beforehand) or when you first got involved with a soldier.
While it's natural to have some reservations, there are a lot of pretty awesome aspects of the Military, right? I know there are those out there who could spend a day complaining about everything. This post isn't for you to comment on if you feel that way. My goal is to encourage!
I'll start briefly.. or I'll try to be brief at least :)
- You are part of something bigger than yourself. Your spouse is a U.S. Soldier. He/She is in the 1% of the country who volunteered to protect their country. THAT is something to be proud of. And YOU, as a spouse, are a part of that as well.
- Patriotism. I can't hear the National Anthem without welling up in tears now.
- A man in uniform is HOT. Enough said.
- You see parts of the country you wouldn't have otherwise.
- You become a different - better - person. More independent and the relationship you have with your spouse strengthens times a million.
- You'll make some amazing friendships with people you would have never met. The bond is something you can't understand unless you're in this situation. It's incredible.
I think that's a good start.
So, chime in! What are some of your favorite things about being a part of the military? Even if you repeat some I've listed. I want to hear it....