September 16, 2011

Smoothie goodness

For about a month now, I've been on a smoothie kick. I bought a ton of frozen fruit. Had a smoothie loving genius website bookmarked. Found one in particular that is just about the best thing I've ever tasted. Which includes no frozen fruit. And I've made it just about every morning since. Intrigued? I kind of made it my own and  this morning, I feel I should share it with you.

You will need...
1 Cup milk (I choose to use Smart Balance Fat-Free milk)
3 small spoonfulls of Light Vanilla Yogurt
2 Tbsp of reduced-fat cream Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp of any kind of chocolate poweder mix (I've been using Nesquick, but that's just because my Carnation ran out and I'm using what I have before I buy more)
1 whole banana, sliced
Some crushed ice.. I have no idea how much I use. I don't measure that.

Blend and enjoy! If you try it, let me know what you think.



Side note:
As I was up browsing the Internet from 11:30 to 1:15 in the morning last night (not feeling too hot and Trey had a PT test this morning. I couldn't go back to sleep and didn't want to keep him up!), I saw a post that brought something about my last post to my attention. This girl definitely got the wrong idea, so in case there was more misconception out there, I thought I'd clear a little up.
My quest to become a better wife is my decision. My husband has never made me feel the need to do this. I want to. And that does not, in any shape of form, make me feel like I am a second class citizen behind him. I'm no less of a woman because I'm a stay at home wife and mom. I have a complete understanding of my worth.
I'm under no impression that I am going emulate the Proverbs 31 woman completely. I will not be making clothing for my family nor will I be rising before the sun comes out every day to fix him breakfast before he heads out. At the same time, there is nothing wrong with women that can do that. If I can learn to sew a button, that would be wonderful! Will I continue to bring my husband a cup of coffee on the weekend with his breakfast... at a decent hour? Sure will. And not because he requires it of me. Because I want to. I love to do things like that for him. And he's not grunting in his recliner and slapping me on the ass as I do so. He's full of appreciation. And will probably turn around over the weekend and mop all of our hardwoods and catch up on the laundry that I got too busy to finish.
This is about bettering myself. About being more organized and more effeciant. It's about making sure my husband knows that I'm his number one fan. And that, my friends, sure does NOT make me any less of a woman.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Amen, Sista!!! I'm proud of you and your goals, so keep up the food work! (How many WW points is your smoothie?)

Kristy said...

Um...while the smoothie sounds great, I meant "food" to be "good" work. :)

JG said...

Great post! It is important to want to improve yourself for yourself! Hanging your hat on the approval of other people is a formula for failure. Trying to improve as a wife and mother isn't any different than trying to develop any other job skills. It's a shame how some people can't understand that.

One Day at a Time said...

you are an awesome wife! I know you and Trey are a great team, and you both appreciate each other very much :)
Everyone can always improve in places, and I think its great that you are making an effort to better yourself!