July 19, 2011

Summer Pasta Salad

My mum gave me this gem of a recipe a few weeks ago and I finally got around to making it tonight. Ummm.. delicious. The perfect summer night dish.

Simple, but perfect. It will not disappoint.

Whole wheat penne pasta
Chicken.. canned, grilled, baked.. whatevs. We used canned, cus that's how I roll, so I'll use that in the directions
Zucchini (or summer squash. Whichever you'd prefer)
2 cucumbers
Cherry tomatoes
Feta Cheese
Greek salad dressing

Cook the pasta according to the directions. In the meantime, warm up your tasty canned chicken with a Tbsp of butter. After just a few minutes add your zucchini. Sprinkle some oregano and S&P and let that all simma for a bit until your zucchini/squash has reached your desired crispness (or mushiness if you're into that kind of thing). Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.

When it's all done, you basically just throw the rest of the ingredients together and enjoy.

For all of you WW people...I used the serving size of all the pointed items and added as much vegetables as I pleased and it was 11 points.

If you decide to try it.. and you would be silly not to... let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Charlatan psychic said...

mmmmmmmm, I will give it a try when I get back from MD!

just ask beth said...

they make a Fat free feta and it is good in pasta dishes..cuts down on the points! Please for the love of Pete,buy a rotiserre chicken before you use canned chicken again..have I not taught you anything!

ann_yetton said...

Ha! Ha! I agree Beth!

Julianne said...

Sounds delish! I'll be trying this one out soon!