|being introduced at my SILs reception to Bringing Sexy Back... cuz that's how I roll|
1. I'm half Yankee and half Southerner. I lived in Massachusetts until I was 13, and spent the next 13 and 1/2 years of my life in South Carolina. I claim both places. It's never a simple answer when someone asks me where I'm from.. they should be prepared to hear my life story.
2. We almost lost our son when he was born. None of his vital functions were working. Wasn't able to breath on his own, control his BP, eat..nothing. It was the scariest, saddest, most unreal part of my life. Luckily, he is a champ and improved quickly.. he was out of the NICU in a week and 1/2. That was a miserable week and a half.
3. I don't like plain milk. Only chocolate milk.
4. I'm attempting to grow my little own garden of Cilantro. I love it that much. I put it on everything.
5. I'm very sarcastic. It used to be almost to a fault. I've simmered down.. but only a little.
6. I put an ungodly amount of pepper on my food. So much so that people give me strange looks when they see this happening and it makes me a little self conscience. I get it from my dad and my brothers are the same way. I think I used to see my dad doing it and probably wanted to be cool like him. I don't really even taste it anymore.
7. I have 2 brothers. I'm the oldest child. One brother, Charlie, is 7 years younger than me. The other one, Steven, is almost 14 years younger than me. I want one more child semi-soon. I want my kids to be closer in age. (my brothers and I are very close despite the age difference)
8. (my husband is helping me with this because I can't think of much... this one is from him) I've never in my life met a stranger, even though I get nervous when I'm meeting new people. Give me an hour with most people and I will know their life history and we'll have a coffee date for the next week.
9. In most ways, I'm married to my polar opposite. I'm very optimistic and will see the brighter side in most things.. glass half full kind of gal. He tends to focus on the negative... he's finally improving after knowing me for 9 years. He makes me laugh almost constantly though.
~ Ohhh my gosh.. I still need 5 more??? ~
10. I bite my nails and I'm not even remotely worried about the germs I'm consuming while doing so.
11. I'm a great story teller.
12.I'm terrified of the dentist and haven't been for a cleaning in two years. (feel free to leave comments motivating me to go).
13.I'm also scared of any type of insects (PETRIFIED actually.. as in it alters my quality of life), clowns, bridges, the dark.. basically a lot of stuff.
14. This is really weird, but I'll put it out there. I can't touch cotton balls. I find it hard to type this.. my palms are sweating. The feeling of them stretching and the sound they make give me full, complete body chills. Even some things that are made out of cotton.. like those blankets people make that have the little taggies on the end. I tried to make one once and couldn't finish. I couldn't tie the little ends together without going into convulsions. Echhh...
15. I 100% believe in ghosts, but not at all in aliens.