... always remember..
1. Don't run the dishwasher right before you go to bed. It makes scary noises and you'll be convinced that someone is breaking in your back door.
2. It's totally okay to give your baby Tylenol every night. I mean.. he's probably teething anyways, so you're really helping him out. Plus, you deserve those few hours to yourself before bed time.
3. It's also okay to keep the kitchen light on all night so the boogy man doesn't come out. (kitchen is right outside of our bedroom.)
4. Make lots of plans. It makes the days go by faster. If you have to split up Target and Costco trips into separate days to make sure you have at least one thing to get you out of the house each day.. that's cool.
5. You'll probably be thankful for the fact that you don't have to make dinner (we're talking short trips to the field here.. I know that's something you start to miss if they are gone for long periods of time) every night.
6. Don't feel guilty that you are enjoying a little time to yourself for the first time in... 7 months. You'll miss his company by night 3 anyways.
I have been spoiled by the Army so far in our time, and haven't had to deal with "field trips" since his training days. That came to an end last week as he left me as a single mama for the week. I forgot about little things like those above! I have a feeling I will learn even more about this over the next year! But it does make me enjoy our time together even more so... this was a great weekend together and I loved every second of it :)