August 23, 2009

Enough of That!

I've been so focused on the negative lately and have been so down in the dumps that I'm sick of myself! If I have any readers left it'll be a miracle! Unfortunately for all of you, I find it much easier to write about than to show feelings "IRL" so you get the brunt of it all. Healthy? Maybe not so much but it is what it is...
Buuttt I really can't take myself anymore so I'm choosing to pick my self up by the britches and make some changes. The bad things in life are going to happen... all I can do is try to roll with it, focus on the things I have to be thankful for, and learn from any mistakes. Positive thoughts for the day:
  • Did I chose to give my sweet, adorable dog away, when in the long run she may have been a really good thing for me? Yes. But you know what? She's in such a good home with lots of love and companionship that I just know she has to be happier. I can't worry about what other people think about that decision either. I know I did the right thing for me and Daisy.
  • My grandmother (as we all know by now) is on her last strings, but she's had quite the long and fulfilling one. I'm pretty sure she's excited to go and be with her husband again. I have so so so many good memories of that woman. I know I'll see her again.
  • Our house hasn't sold *or rented* yet and because of a couple different emergencies, we have no emergency fund left. I'm almost through with my job which means we'll be down to one paycheck and double the housing expenses. I don't know how we are going to get by, but WE'LL get by together some how. I'm going to be living with my husband again and if we have to eat Raman Noodles every day so be it. I'm pretty fond of them anyway. They have lots of different flavors so we won't get sick of them. Maybe one night a week we can splurge on Kraft Mac & Cheese. Which is my fav. Speaking of my husband...
  • He passed his PT test. He's graduating this Thursday!!!
  • I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a couple days of graduation festivities.
  • And he's coming home with me right after graduation. For two weeks.
  • Then we're moving away. Together.
  • I went to church this morning and it was the best feeling ever. Even better of a feeling? When hubs told me he wants to make it a priority to find a good church in OK and go every week. That needs to become more of a priority in our lives.
  • I had a great day today with my in-laws. Church with them, lunch afterwards, and painting nails with my MIL afterwards = pretty dern good day.

That's all for now.

I'm taking my laptop with me tomorrow since he'll still be "working" during the day. I plan on laying out by the pool for the majority of the day. I'll be sure to update throughout the week... especially after the ball on Tuesday!

Thanks for sticking with me throughout my "poor me" stage. All your thoughts, prayers, and kind words made me smile throughout it all :)

9 comments:

Meg said...

I'm very proud of you. The life of a military wife will have some rough times (I've only been doing this for a year and I've shed many tears). I'm learning the only way to get through them is to give praise for the great things He has given you. God has a plan for you and will get you through it, even when it seems like you've hit bottom. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

girl..I'm SO excited for you!! You are going to have so much fun this week at Benning with all the Graduation activities! :) I cannot WAIT to hear all about the formal too! Yay! You are going to be the most gorgeous wife there..mark my words! :) I love hearing that you & hubs are going to find a church...I have found it easier to make friends that way at different posts by meeting them at church! You did such a great job for your hubby by supporting him through OCS..now both of your hard work is paying off by him becoming a 2LT! Congrats to your hubs and congrats to YOU! :) Safe travels! I will be back to check-in this week!

J.L.S. said...

I can relate to the getting ready to move and not sure how you are going to make ends meet feeling. Though our situations are different, we are trying to figure out how to finish paying off our upcoming vow renewal/wedding and worrying about how to pay for a place to stay in whatever city we move to next. Scott is worried about finding a job somewhere come December when he gets out. We have definitely talked about eating LOTS of Ramen! :)

Hang in there, things will look up soon!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I know it's scary to have all this stuff coming up and not knowing how your going to fund it but if it's one thing I've learned everything works out. In the long run somehow it will all get done! Take pictures at the grad!!!!

Steph said...

Everything will work itself out. At least you will get to be with your husband soon. And you can't put a price tag on that. Best of luck!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry if some people are judging you about your puppy but you had to do what was best for her! Thats real love girl:) Sounds like you have a lot of scary things going on in your life right now but the big thing is your not alone and you have your husband with you in this:) I agree though, Ramen Noodle isn't THAT bad:p Have fun at graduation girl!

Kimberly said...

Have fun at graduation! I heard through the grapevine (aka Gramma, of course) that you aren't going to Kara's wedding. sad :( But it sounds like you're pretty busy yourself. oh and i have my own blog now...come be my first follower!

JG said...

Yay for graduation. Are you moving TO Oklahoma? Where are you going to be stationed? Sorry, I'm a newbie so I don't know this much about you yet.

Carrie said...

Oh, my. I'm so glad to hear that optimism! I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with so much right now, but you have the right attitude. Things will work out in due time, and in the meanwhile, you have so many exciting things in your future to think about! :) Keep up the smiles, girl.