December 13, 2008

My mama

Today is a very special day.. Happy birthday Mum!!!! Although she would insist she is turning the ripe age of 29 for the 10th year in a row, today is her 45th birthday. I think. We have to do the math every year since she has been claiming that 29 every year for so long. Easy for me since she is 20 years older than me. So today is all about her. I wouldn't know what to do without that woman. I love how silly we can be together. My favorite moments are us sitting on her back porch, in their beautiful backyard, surrounded by the trees and her many, many flowers (to say she has a green thumb is an understatement), sipping our Reisling, gossiping and giggling. I love her honesty. She'll tell me what I need to know without holding back. There's no lying to make you feel better with that woman and I love it. I love how she loves her family. We are all number one with her and we all know it. She takes such good care of us. Especiallly those boys (my dad and 2 brothers). They have it good!! She does so much for them.. keeping that house together, being an AMAZING cook, helping the youngest one with his school work, and filling the house with her kick ass personality and laughter. She never stops! My mum is just an all around amazing person and I am so thankful to have her in my life. I really don't think anyone that has ever met her could have something bad to say about her. So here's to you mum.. 45 years is nothing to lie about!
Trey and I are going over my parents house tonight. Nothing big. She's not the "lets go out and make a huge deal" type of celebrater. We're going over there with pizza and subs in tow and it will just be a quiet night hanging out.

Later added:
While I'm ranting. This has been going on for a while now and I'm not sure what's wrong with our internet, but it's really interferring with my bloggy social life. If it seems like I'm not commenting a lot. I'm not. But it's not my fault. I try so very hard to comment every day. There are so many posts that I try to comment on, but for some reason, our internet goes out when I click on "post a comment" It's so very frusterating. Any ideas on why this is happening??

No comments: