September 6, 2012

2nd Birthday - The Last Update (promise)

August was the month of Andrew around here - even more so than usual, I mean.

I don't know what on earth possessed me, probably the excitement of being able to celebrate his birthday with family and friends back home. That opportunity won't come around much, I'm sure. But not matter what the circumstances are, I will never, ever throw 2 birthday parties for one kid in the same year again. No matter how many times you say, "I won't go overboard. It won't be too expensive". You will and it WILL. Just me? Please tell me I'm not the only one incapable of throwing a simple party. Why can't I just go buy plates and a tablecloth, buy some pre-packaged food and be done with it? I'm afraid it's not possible, much to my husbands annoyance.

All of that said, we have some pretty darn good memories to last us! We had a great time at both parties and were shown, once again, how lucky we are to have the people we do in our lives.

The first party, in South Carolina, was construction themed.




Really that party was enough. We could of ended it there. But we HAD to celebrate with Daddy, right?! I did have it easier with this party. I ordered a decoration package through Etsy and really just had to print and cut! This party was train themed.





Adult Favors (I forgot to take a picture for the kids', but they got crayons, stickers, bubble bath, bubbles and fruit snacks)

First time that I've done an iron-on shirt. I was so nervous!

A big thank you to La Petite Party Shoppe for helping put the 2nd party together!! You guys rock :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

What FUN party pics and themes. I love the construction theme so much for a little 2 year old. How clever!

JG said...

Yay! Pictures! :) How fun! I love that the parties were unique. I don't blame you for doing 2 parties this time. Makes sense to me! And, um, I naturally am the plastic table cloth and prepackaged food girl, but you all have really made me step up my game! I don't know how you do it - they both look fantastic!

Jen said...

So fun! There is nothing wrong with two parties, just means double the fun. :)

Charlatan psychic said...

I didn't even realize his shirt was an iron on! I thought you had ordered it from somewhere, so you did a great job :)