January 11, 2012

The Fever

I'm a little anxious about writing this post, it being so personal and all. But that's what I do, right? It's on my mind constantly.. and.. this is real life, so I'll just throw it all out there.

I have the fever. Badly. I desperately want to be pregnant again. Now. Well yesterday, actually. I'm so very ready. What's the big deal, you ask? There are so many real, legit reasons we should wait. And only one good reason we should just go for it. You know.. the whole pros and cons list. Remember, I'm a list-maker.

Our current plan is to start trying in July. For the following reasons:

1) I need to be much healthier. I let my weight loss efforts completely drop off over the fall and end of 2011. Completely careless, I was. Now, I weigh almost as much as I did at the end of my last pregnancy. Lord, I can't believe I admitted that to the world, but again, I'm striving for honesty here.
My goal is not necessarily to lose weight. But more to just be healthy. I'm eating better. Drinking more water. Being more active. No more Red Bull. Adding in vitamins. I'm sure weight will come off, and that would be extremely welcomed, but my main focus is my quality of life. I was in the best shape of my life when I got pregnant with Drew. I want to be there again and not pushing 200lbs at the end of the next pregnancy.

2) I've been taking Zoloft since the Spring. I obviously cannot get pregnant while taking that. I'm fully dependent on it and afraid of the monster I'll become while not on it. I need to give myself time to ween off of it. Safely. Which requires a trip to the doctor to talk about this. Ehhhh... Not looking forward to this process. I apologize in advance to my friends and family for my future personality. Once I get pregnant, I hope to be fine. I'm a very pleasant pregnant woman.. like my body needs those hormones to balance out.

3) If I got pregnant on this cycle ( I want, I want, I want, I want), the baby would be due in October. That is such a busy time of the year. August - Andrew's birthday. September - Trey's birthday. Then all of the holidays that follow. Busy, busy, busy.
If I get pregnant in July, his (or it's.. see.. I want another boy so badly that I assume) birthday would be in April.. perfect.)

4) After going through my ending months of pregnancy in the El Paso summer, I vowed to never be pregnant in the summer again. So my original timeline of July is perfect. Baby out by April.. no sweltering summer pregnant months.

5) Trey would make Captain before we had Number 2 if we wait for July. That one's obvious, right? More money for two babies is a big plus.

That's about all I have. Good reasons to wait.

Here is my only reason to go for now:

Trey would be home for the delivery. Big pro, but my only pro besides just wanting it.
I have family that would be willing to come around and after my due date and that would be necessary, but nothing beats your partner being there with you.

July will be here before I know it, right?

8 comments:

Erin said...

I just had an October baby and honestly, it was a great time of year. We had a chance to get into the groove before any of the holidays hit. Also, I would talk to a psych about antidepressants during pregnancy. Your primary care will probably tell you that since antidepressants are class C they are unsafe. This is not true. There are many antidepressants that are considered safe during pregnancy. Perhaps you could transition to one that you feel more comfortable with so you don't have to go off cold turkey. And for what its worth, I think having your husband home for the birth of your child outweighs any con I can think of.

Kristy said...

You only have 6 1/2 more months to wait until July... I'm sure that you can wait until then, if that's what you and Trey decide is best for your family. :)

Mel said...

Consider yourself hugged. I know how hard these decisions are (trust me!) But, if you start trying in July, we could be pregnancy buddies. (And then they can deploy from their respective posts and we can commiserate over the phone how sucky it is to be pregnant and alone!) But we'll have each other! :)

p.s. I love you.

Jenn said...

I will second your statement about summer pregnancies. Did one in south Alabama and had Sam in October. Will NEVER do it again (if I can help it). Oh the suckage was high there, and was only exacerbated by having to wear a swimsuit. ;)

If you decide to wait til July, I bet a lot of wine could help take your mind off of not being pregnant sooner. :) (I MISS WINE.)

Oh but not having your husband there for delivery would really stink.... tough one, girl. I'm rooting for you!!

Unknown said...

AWE! You'll be a great mom of two when that time comes:) I on the other hand am freaking out about the time when we NEED to have our second child before there is too many years between Baby "G" and her sib, but not wanting to pull the trigger. Does that make sense? LOL. I'm sure I feel that way because we're not even done baking our first little nibblet:p Kind of skewed vision at this point...

Charlatan psychic said...

Talk to your doc about the meds. Let yourself get those out of your system before starting to bake the next bun. That could be sooner than July or could stretch it out until July. But know that whenever it happens, it will be the right time.

One Day at a Time said...

Also, yes you got pregnant on the first cycle with Drew, buuuuut it may not happen right away this time! So what if you wait until July and then it doesnt happen, doesnt happen, doesnt happen....and then Trey deploys?

The earlier the better, I say!! I think Trey being home for the birth is a HUUUUUGE PRO! And an October due date...I mean, you'd be just into the third tri when summer is ending. so it wouldn't be as bad as an august due date in el paso.

Shalay said...

I just found your blog through facebook and was pleased to come across this post!! My hubby and I are going to start trying at the end of August! It will be our first! I know EXACTLY how you feel about wanting it right NOW and I have my own list of to-dos as well, including getting healthier!! So good luck! I hope you get pregnant as fast as you want to! :)